Should I cancel my D5 3L diesel HSE order and place order for petrol version instead?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Jacro

Post by Jacro »

No. Ive a First edition with software update. All cool.

VeryDisco5

Post by VeryDisco5 »

I would now say to the OP, "yes" in relation to cancelling the TDV6 but quickly add "Now consider the Sd4 (240HP) or Sd6 (306 HP)". I picked up today on the other D5 forum that the engine with the dilution problems is no longer available as a new car option. So that's the end of that, as they say.

This looks to be the large SUV 3.0L line-up today:

L405 Range Rover - TDV6 3.0L still available to order from £80,035 (who in their right mind....?)
L462 Discovery - TDV6 not available. 3.0L Sd6 from £57,005 (Ingenium)
L494 RR Sport - TDV6 not available. 3.0L SDV6 from £65,585 (Ford V6 Twin turbo)

I am just off to the dealer to test the Sd4 which I've heard very good things about.
DCCHO48

Post by DCCHO48 »

Having cancelled my D5 diesel at the end of January, I must say the dealer in Plymouth, Roger Young, fully understood the reasons why and refunded my deposit (even though the vehicle was due for delivery some 3 weeks later), without any fuss.
I ordered an Audi Q7 272 hp S-line and took delivery 8 weeks later. I have to say it is a brilliant vehicle, very, very quite, fairly quick and very comfortable, with lots of technology (which all works-just as it should). Have not found a single problem with the vehicle in the first 2000 miles and really enjoy driving it. Because it uses Apple Car-play there are no dramas with the infotainment system. I have found no reports of oil dilution and early service warnings so am VERY happy with it. Even getting 33 mpg average, a lot better than the Hi-Lux that preceded it.
OK it does not have the ultimate off-road ability that the Discovery 5 has, but I can live with that, since most of my driving is on the road anyway. Just need from time to time to extract a heavy trailer from a field. My son has a Defender, which sorts that problem.
I do not need to be taking my vehicle to the garage on a regular basis to get the numerous faults sorted that the Disco 5 seems to be suffering from. Take a look at a Q7-you will be impressed.
JRRushden

Post by JRRushden »

I would not change my Si6 for a diesel, it is dream to drive and has the grunt to overtake. Cleaner than the diesel too. Marvellous engine.