Terrain Response? or Terrain Response 2?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Jbryan635

Post by Jbryan635 »

Hello,
I purchased my new 2017 Discovery last week. I have seen a lot of pictures of the dial to shift into Terrain response with an Auto and some without. I assume one is Terrain Response and the other is Terrain Response 2? I found my vehicle in another state and took delivery of it. I know I will never put this vehicle into any crazy situations that need a rear diff lock. I do have 2 speed gear box with low range though. But sort of liked the Auto of Terrain response 2. Is the Land Rover still capable with Terrain Response as Terrain Response 2? First one and my next will have it for sure in a couple years but wanted to make sure that this indeed was the difference and will it still perform off road as good (like sand at the beach) .

Thanks

Will

Post by Will »

Terrain response 2 has an auto mode for selecting the most appropriate terrain response setting for the conditions you are driving on. It also adds the rear locker and something called ATPC or all terrain progress control, which is something like an off-road cruise control that overcomes obstacles and uses downhill descent control. It’s great if you are using it for more serious off-road work, but it’s still an unbelievable 4x4 without it.