Easy Option with Adblue

All Discovery 5 related discussions
merctony

Post by merctony »

Well just checked on the center display in Vehicle Information and could see l had 1588 miles left in the DEF display (Ad blue) so l just brought one 2LT bottle from my local dealer at a cost of £7.34 and filled the tank, then brought 10lt from Halfords £14.99 and just refilled the original bottle, this way there is no way of getting Ad blue over the paintwork and risk of any in the engine bay as the original bottle twists into position and locks into place.
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

I use a funnel! :D
merctony

Post by merctony »

So do l to fill the bottle, would not want a funnel stuck out of the Ad blue filler point on my car, then having to lift 10lts up to fill it. If you work out the costings, its 6.36 for a proper container that fits your car in the correct fashion with no risk of spillage.
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Well my car took all 10 litres and it was not that difficult to hold, also use it for filling with screen wash.
Jacro

Post by Jacro »

Make sure it meets the specs LR use. If not and problem arrises, and they will test, warranty invalidated.
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

I use this type of bottle

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GreenChem-Adbl ... rds=adblue

Its spill proof, so doesn't leak even if you turn it completely upside down. Got this initially and fill it up with AdBlue from the larger containers. Its a little fiddly, and you have to make sure its fully tightened before you turn it, but works well for me.