Rear indicator

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Diverblue

Post by Diverblue »

Hi everyone
I took delivery of my all new discovery SE in late June. Whilst driving and in particular making left turns I notice that I was receiving some gestures from other road users from behind, as if I had not signaled to turn, when I check my rear indicators I noticed that only the small indicator on the rear wing was illuminating, I thought this was strange so, I went to my dealership and asked if there was a problem with the indicators on the tail gate as they do not illuminate, they said they would have a look and very kindly gave a courtesy landrover.
Today , after the dealership having my Discovery for 5 weeks, as they were waiting on a replacement wiring loom, they phoned to say I could pick up my Discovery, I was informed today that there was nothing wrong with the wiring loom and only The high line spec vehicles have the indicators in operation on the tail gate.
I did express my concerns on the lack of indicators displayed on the SE model.
Has anyone else experienced these problems or have any views on the matter.
Thank you

slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

From what you have described , there is nothing wrong with your car. When indicating, only the small outer LED flashes
slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

I apologise. I was getting mixed up with the brake lights.

When indicating, the whole indicating strip should light up.
guffers

Post by guffers »

Hi
Yes I have the Se model as well and noticed today the exactly same thing as you. It seems crazy not to fit the higher spec rear light cluster which is much better.
rolly

Post by rolly »

On my HSE it's different
The rear indicator turns on the full length ... Not only on the small outer
it's weird that difference
Regards

Rolly
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discovery 5 - HSE Luxury - 3.0L TD6 - Corris Grey
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Yes I have the SE but went for the adaptive lights which also spec's the rear lights like the HSE.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Diverblue

Post by Diverblue »

Thanks for all your replies, I do think it's crazy not having all the rear indicators illuminating, I feel other road users from behind will not see me indicating,