Dash cam fitted to front & back

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Hi all I've just had cameras fitted to my Discovery front & back, I did my research the blackvue seem to to the best. There's an app on my phone where I can watch recorded or live pictures and save and send it to the police or insurance company.

As a driver I can not see the front camera because it behind the rear view mirror and the back one you carnt see at all.

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

merctony

Post by merctony »

Just fitted one l got from Halford's, did not go for the rear one, if they hit me, then that's their fault, however don't we all think its about time that the likes of JLR and others started to have these in as standard, or as an option, like any after market device, you have to have a wire showing unless you pay to have an auto electrician do the fitting, that will be the next job for me, the wiring on these cars is so advanced, you car't just cut and splice. as soon as fitted l will post pics
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.
Deleted User 523

I went for front and back because I thought if my wife driving the car and anyone is being aggressive behind tale gating her we've got the evidence for the police. It was £100 to fit and the total price with power magic pro was £420. Which is a lot of money but when you work out the total cost of the car it's worth it. Also having front and rear cameras protected my car 24/7 when parked, if it's not to late get the rear camera for your car. Yes your right cars should fitted with cameras as an option , JLR fit all round cameras but they don't record. Let me know how you get on.
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

I did try Blackvue, but there is an issue with their units unless you use a specific make, type and speed of micro SD card. Even using their recommended version, after every 2 weeks I had to format the SD card for it to work properly.

I wanted to just have a dash cam you fit and forget, thats after all how they should work. You should only need to call on them if you need to get the footage, and having to format it every 2 weeks was just stupid.

I ended up getting a FineVU dash cam. 1080p recording on any micro SD card. I have a 128Gb one in mine that gives me almost a months worth of recording before the unit starts to overwrite the oldest recording.
Deleted User 523

Hi Rogersmj I have had my blackvue for about 5 weeks with trouble free recording, am not sure what make the SD card is but is is 32GB which as recommended by the company, but if I have any problems with the card it will be going back to the installer. I also want trouble recording, any problems with my cameras I will let the forum know.
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Glad your one is working trouble free, I did have mine a few years back so they have probably ironed out the kinks.
Deleted User 523

I believe some SD cards can be faulty, so far fingers crossed it's ok, I think before long manufacturers will fit them as an extra to get some more money off us. :lol:
sanjivsai

Post by sanjivsai »

Can anyone recommend a place in North London to gat a BlackVue dashcam installed ?

Much appreciated
Sanjiv
northlondon77

Post by northlondon77 »

Hello @deleteduser523 and thanks for posting the photos.

My fitter wasn't able to connect the rear Virtus Atlas camera on my '17 model due to the "sealed nature of the boot lid connectors".

I can see what he means as cable conduits from chassis to door seem bonded. Could you share where your cables are routed in order to get the neat mounting that you have?

I've paid for the two camera unit and to add insult to injury it complains that it can't find the rear one every time I start the car!

Thanks,