Teething issues not happy!!

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Edz

Post by Edz »

Hi Guys my first post.

Picked up my 67 plate HSE 2 weeks ago pic below.

Now have 4 issues.

1- Massive rattle from roof blinds, almost unbearable.
2- Air con max blows hot air after 1 minutes.
3- Screen wash light comes on after 24hr and no use.
4- Speakers now crackle at almost all volume.

Called Edinburgh Pentland Landrover who tell me it's 7 weeks before they can get the car in with a courtesy car! This is my wife Taxi for 3 kids to school etc. Called LR Uk who have basically told me there is nothing they can do.

Can anyone shed any light on my situation and what Inshould do?

Tanks in advance.

A

IMG_5374.JPG

Dswigs

Post by Dswigs »

Hi Edz, nice looks no car, I also have one on order from Pentland Land Rover and awaiting update for when it will arrive - when did you order yours? I'm a keen reader of these forums and I've not heard of your first and last problems on any of them. However, I have read similar problems on the hot air circulation and someone else has had s problem with screenwash leaking today. I also use disco5.co.cuk forum which tends to have more traffic than this one - although I do also see the same people put the same topic on both sometimes.

The hot air issue is a known defect under SSM73343 - link to article here - https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread658.html. There is also a system called topic you can subscribe to which provides you with all the manufacturers updates - and there are plenty for D5s unfortunately. I'm having a few concerns about trading my D4 Landmark in - it's extremely comfortable and never missed a beat, but the tech is rather old and the family know it lovingly as the 'flying brick' - just hope that you get yours sorted quickly!

Keep us updated how Pentland do - we do find them far better than Taggarts in Glasgow but fear they are inundated with cars with issues at the moment. Good luck, D
merctony

Post by merctony »

Do what many others have done and refuse the car as not fit for purpose, take it back and tell them, l think they may just get you booked in abit quicker. Worth a try, A massive rattle and lights on dashboard, would drive any reasonable person mad and you did not pay for it as an extra, return it and see what they do.
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Fabulous car but stand your ground , do what merctony as said thretion to reject the car. Let us all know how you get on.
Edz

Post by Edz »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replys! Issue I have is that I purchased the car from Wakefield Landrover who have been great. They have offered to send a driver up from Wakefield 500mile round trip and leave me with a courtesy car. Really not wanting the extra miles on car.

LR UK have been nothing but useless.

No agreed with Pentland to have car dropped off before I go on holiday and it will be delivered back to my house the day before we return from holiday.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

I agree with the other guys. Mine hasn't had any of those issues, so far..so why should yours? Be aware of your rights, it's a lot of money. I'm sure they'll be able to fix it though, beautiful car by the way.

B
3.0 SE, Santorini Black, 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5011', Electric Sunroof (tilt/slide front glass) with fixed rear glass pano (Including Power Blinds), Privacy Glass, HUD, rear view camera. Delivered Jul 17.
Manu

Post by Manu »

I had the same problem with the air con; and others like the inability to lower the third row seats, cracked wind screen, inability to connect with the car (incontrol remote, etc). They kept the car (here in Paris) for 2 weeks and fixed the different issues (they gave me a Disco Sport replacement). Air con was apparently an IT update. For the remote access, they changed the entire connectivity block. For the wind screen the side bars were changed as well.
An indignation letter to Land rover has gone unanswered.
Now I can't lower the Navigation volume (i can lower it while the navigation system speaks; but it goes right back to level 12 on the next turn). They took the car in yesterday but were unable to fix the problem locally. I'll need to go back again next week once they have an update from HQ.
And the rear roof blinds are rattling.
I have had the car since March this year and its visited the garage every month. Plus 2 weeks in September.
Best of luck