Windscreen rubber seal issue

All Discovery 5 related discussions
ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

I was driving on the M11 motorway on Sunday and the rubber seal from the windscreen came away - please see photo attached.

I contacted my Land Rover dealer who informed me that this was a designed fault.

They have now replaced the parts which I presumed was authorised and supplied by Land Rover head office and the whole job took around 10 mins.

I'm not sure if they will communicate this to all Discovery owners but I thought I would make the forum aware of this issue.

20170910_161413.jpg

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi thanks it is a known issue. Mines going in to the dealers for Bluetooth issues. I also suggested they do my A piller rubbers at the same time which they were happy to do. I've not had a problem with them myself but was made aware of this issue through this forum or the other one. The dealer never contacted me about the issue.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
merctony

Post by merctony »

Had the same problem 3 days after l got my disco, just pulled over and ripped it out, dropped into my local dealer, they ordered the new rubber seal and three days later they fitted it. l think it is more of a gap filler than a seal. Just pop into your local dealer, all will be sorted.
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Same problem + the windscreen cracked. They changed the side pillars as well.
Spickers

Post by Spickers »

I had that problem a week after picking my First Edition up earlier in the year. Both sides came away, the strip covering the channel for the roof rail fell off and other rubbers came away, including one on the back quarterlight window which wasn't fitted the day I picked it up. They were going to replace the full glass panel but got them to stick it with windscreen adhesive. Local dealer sorted it but so many parts were lose just after I collected it.

Better now and I do like the car. However the spare was stolen a week or so ago and I've been quoted £1,600 without labour to fix it. Found a cheaper solution but watch out people. It's an easy target.