Worcester To Glasgow MPG

All Discovery 5 related discussions
merctony

Post by merctony »

Just done my first long trip in my Discovery, Worcester to Glasgow and back again. l had only 1600 miles on the clock so was going to take a steady trip up, set off at 3.50 am, outside temp was 10 degrees and made my way up to junction 7 of the M5. As soon as l was on the M5 l set the cruise control to 69 mph. Within a very short time the mpg was moving up in the right direction and by the time l got to the M6 the dash board was showing 42.9 mpg. It dropped a little when l got up by the lakes as expected but only down 1. something, and as soon as l came back onto the flats it was back up to 42.9 even 43 plus on some parts of the M74. When l got there, it was a quick turn around, about 15 minutes loading, and on our way back. All the way the mpg stayed around 40 to 43 and now l am back and just running around it gone down to 39. My Discovery is the 2.0 HSE, and must say l am more than happy with those figs. The only irritating noise l heard was the rear passenger seat belt tapping on the plastic, a quick stop and clunk click and is was fine. Compared to my Discovery Sport it was a fantastic journey and next month l look forward to towing my caravan up and around Scotland for one months holiday. Will let you know what happens on that trip.
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.

Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Sound like you had a good first trip when you go to Scotland take some photos and post them. We're planning our first trip to the Lakes at the end of September I will post my MPG and some photos.