Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

Hi all I've just fitted a spare wheel security device to protect my spare wheel from being stolen, what really surprised me was the weight of the wheel :D

GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

Hi Chalkey
Can you let me know the details for the security system (web site details?). Having had two spares on my previous Disco 4 stolen , i don't want the spare on the new 5 to go this game way.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Info in original thread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4121
Deleted User 523

Yes that's the original thread the security device was very easy to fit, I noticed on YouTube Landrover have tried to improve the spare wheel security on the winch but it can still be cut throw and the wheel stolen. The contact is Ray Dewhurst and his email is raydewhurst@googlemail.com or ray@rld-tech.co.uk

Take care Chalkey
Nigelm

Post by Nigelm »

Thanks for info on security have ordered one yesterday, quick response once emailed.
Many thanks.
Deleted User 523

Your welcome it's very easy to fit well worth the money.
Deleted User 316

Post by Deleted User 316 »

Thanks for posting the pictures. For someone that has a very basic DIY car knowledge I managed to fit the device without any issue. I do find it amazing that LR don't fit as standard or at least offer it as an option.

Despite a few niggles I'm still loving the car.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 16.13.36.png

andrewe

Post by andrewe »

Just ordered mine from Ray, looking forward to fitting it this week. One less thing to worry about.
Deleted User 523

Mikep your car looks fab, I think it's money well spent. Andrewe it's easy to fit the thing that surprised me was the weight of the wheel.
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

I echo all comments, a great yet very simple device...Ray - have you considered getting some sort of design protection/patent? I am sure land rover will be very interested in it...if they arn't already and should pay you for your design knowledge!