'Service Required' after only 5,000 Miles - Is this correct?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
ss90619

Re: 'Service Required' after only 5,000 Miles - Is this correct?

Post by ss90619 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm

I also had the service required message pop up as well. The car has done just over 2000 miles and it was indicating that a service was required in around 1500 miles which equates to only 3500 miles!
Anyway Barretts Land Rover in Ashford paid me a visit to rectify another issue I was having with my vehicle, which I will mention elsewhere in the forum, and they have informed me that it's definitely an error and can be rectified with a software upload. However, will need to book in the car for this but apparently there is no rush. According to the guy I spoke to the first service should be around 2 years or 18-20000 miles whichever comes first for the 3L diesel. Is this correct?

VeryDisco5

Re: 'Service Required' after only 5,000 Miles - Is this correct?

Post by VeryDisco5 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:50 pm

ss90619 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm
I also had the service required message pop up as well. The car has done just over 2000 miles and it was indicating that a service was required in around 1500 miles which equates to only 3500 miles!
Anyway Barretts Land Rover in Ashford paid me a visit to rectify another issue I was having with my vehicle, which I will mention elsewhere in the forum, and they have informed me that it's definitely an error and can be rectified with a software upload. However, will need to book in the car for this but apparently there is no rush. According to the guy I spoke to the first service should be around 2 years or 18-20000 miles whichever comes first for the 3L diesel. Is this correct?

If you have any doubt at all, who not have the oil changed and get a sample of it tested? You have nothing to lose and all to gain.

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/services/oil-analysis

Return to “Main Disco 5 chat”