Spare wheel theft

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Hi All, bought a new Disco5 at the end of March. In the last few weeks my brand new spare wheel has been stolen from under the car. The kids or pikeys cut the winch and away they went. We only noticed when I was stood behind the car and saw the void. LR want £1250+ to replace it. I can't understand why didn't they tell us when we bought it it could be nicked so easily and why don't they sell a cover plate to make it impossible to nick. Also, the car is supposed to be so hot on technology how come it doesn't have a sensor to say the wheel is missing?? Agrieved is an understatement.

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

RLD Spare wheel protector needed?
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Apparently LR don't have one for the new Discovery!
gstar

Post by gstar »

Hi all - just had my spare wheel taken also - classic railway station car park job. Transpires, the other 2 x D5s parking there have had same over last weeks. Considering options - either replace with full spare with an electricuting alarm or spare. Do you think latter is still of interest to pikeys? Perhaps a pikey hidden amongst this forum can comment?! :)
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Serenity wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:31 pm Apparently LR don't have one for the new Discovery!
LR do not do one but RLD does! !He has been a member of the various Discovery, Sport, etc forums for years.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

He can be contacted here ray@rld-tech.co.uk
gstar

Post by gstar »

Great - thanks, will try that as a start. Anyone using the same product? Any complaints?
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

He has been making them for years for D3, D4 and RRS.

Not connected to him in any way and came across him on a RRS forum awhile back.

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Are there different sizes for different rim sizes or is it one fits all.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

No idea, best to ask him?