Sim card reader

All Discovery 5 related discussions
alex11

Post by alex11 »

Not sure if anyone can help me - but Im having a sim card issue.

Before leaving the dealership I popped in a data sim card and all worked fine.
However now Im getting an error saying ' Sim Card Removed' - when the sim is still clicked firmly in place
have tried swapping out for other sims (from my phone) - same issue

Anyone else having the same problem?

I wouldn't mind but it seems to be needed to get live traffic data for the sat nav

Alex

ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

I have the same issue - error message ' Sim Card Removed' - and according to Land Rover the sim card reader is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Unlike yourself I have never been able to get it to work! The car is being collected on Thursday so hopefully the issue will be rectified shortly. :)

Will keep you posted with further updates.
alex11

Post by alex11 »

Ah, so not just me then ! Mine's going back in so they can take a look at it. Although apparently they can't do it until mid july; Ive also realised that I don't have any power to the USB ports in the front central console either - so maybe all part of the same problem.

let me know how you get on

A
ironman1125

Post by ironman1125 »

Hi got my HSE Lux last Friday, so far not impressed had a few gremlins already and a few issues with spec I ordered not being delivered but that's another story. Mine must be the same Alex as it won't find any USB drives in front but recognised them in the back. All in all piss poor
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Could you expand on the '....few issues with the spec I ordered not being delivered....'? Are you UK based?

Many thanks, B
3.0 SE, Santorini Black, 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5011', Electric Sunroof (tilt/slide front glass) with fixed rear glass pano (Including Power Blinds), Privacy Glass, HUD, rear view camera. Delivered Jul 17.
ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

Update: Car was returned to me by the dealer last week with a new sim card reader which was apparently tested by the Technician and was deemed to be working fine. When I put my sim card into the unit upon its return I was still getting the same error message ' Sim Card Removed' :x

Spoke to the service department again who confirmed that the actual unit was replaced and tested which I find hard to believe. They ask whether I could return the car for further tests - more days in the garage - but I insisted that I would bring the car in and one of the technicians could test it in front of me. This they did and low and behold the same error message pops up! This Technician, not the one who tested it the first time, advised that I book it in and the whole unit - which houses sim card reader, HDMI and USB connectors - will probably require replacement.

I have had the car less than 3 months and its been back in the dealership 3 times already for a rear view mirror, windscreen, software upgrade on the 10.1 pro unit and now the faulty sim card reader/HDMI/USB unit. I really fed up and beginning to lose faith in the product which I really like but is being let down by LR's poor execution. I have complained to LR Customer Service for what its worth and I am seriously thinking of rejecting the car which would be a shame since the car ticks all the boxes apart from one. BUILD QUALITY :cry:
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Presumably several SIMs have been tried?

There have been posts on other forums of problems with actual SIM cards.
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

Join the club!
Many faults on my First Edition-build quality bring the main issue. Latest issues involve-
Rear camera works intermittently, windscreen rubber seal becoming detached, intermittent parking sensors, screen going off, foot operated boot opening not working, etc.etc.....
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Foot operated boot opener didn't even know it had 1? . I've build quality issues many the same as uve stated think the first editions are bit of a white elephant??
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Check out video 20 in the instructional videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... RfAv4T-DOi