Load weight

All Discovery 5 related discussions
redball

Post by redball »

Hi, Ive had my Disco 5 for a few weeks now, and Im about to use it for something a bit more practical than just running the kids around.

Im going slightly stir crazy trying to figure out whether I can load 750kg in the car without A breaking anything, or B breaching any of the GVW or Axle weight limits.

The weight could be distributed around the car other than the drivers seat obviously, it would consist of 25 x 30kg bags or render. I could load two to three in the front footwell and distribute the others evenly over the rear load area. Im hoping this would distribute the load evenly enough to avoid breaching the rear axle weight limit.

Ive gone of a 50/50 weight distribution for the car, 50kg of fuel I attributed to the rear axle, and a driver weight of 100kg split 50/50. if all 750kg were over the rear axle id be over the rear axle limit.

Any advice?

No towbar or trailer, or it would have been a much simpler task. Guess whats next on the christmas list.

Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Ide drop all seats and spread weight out over the rear area selfleveling suspension keep your seceret if ur bit over as long as it not doing a extensive journey
Aknights

Post by Aknights »

Mine had approx 1/2 ton of stone spread out evenly over the boot area, didn't feel much different to drive, I did pump the tyres up