Question on Full Dynamic Pack

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Mark^^

Post by Mark^^ »

Hi All,

I currently drive a RR Evoque which will turn 5 next year and I am looking for something new, just so you know I live in semi rural Australia. I have been tossing up between RR Velar and Discovery 5, very different cars, the Evoque has served me well both on road and off road and I think the Velar could do just as well. But the advantages of a big and full 4 wheel drive appeals for longer cruisers and more access to remoter locations.

So I have been playing with the configurators for a few weeks now and the prices of the Velar models were just revealed early this week. They go a bit higher then I want to pay. So my question is for this who have purchased or intend to purchase a HSE model what they think about the Complete Dynamic Design Pack, as I see it (in Aust dollars) you pay $3,800 for way more than $14,000 in parts, for example in the pack it includes Seat pack 4 ($4,150), 21" 5 Split-Spoke wheels with Satin Dark Grey Finish ($2,930); black roof ($1,540), electric sunroof with fixed rear glass panoramic roof ($4,280) and
ebony headlining($830) plus all the trim and other parts.

This to me sound like you get a heap of desirable options wrapped all together for a good deal, yet there is noting like this in any other pack other than the Luxury Climate Comfort Pack which you get a fair bit for $4,900.

So if you order a HSE why would you not order the Dynamic pack?

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Your dynamic pack is totally different to the UK options.
Will

Post by Will »

Hi Mark, i live in aus too, and ordered a v6 HSE about 2 weeks ago. I didnt go for the dynamic pack. I added the ebony headlining, heated seats and terrain response 2. These were all i could convince myself i needed, and i wasn't prepared to forgo them (i will be using it as a 4x4 so locker is important to me). Remember that all options bought at the time you buy the car will attract luxury car tax, and increase your stamp duty (as its based on the package price). It still burns looking at my invoice and seeing $25k worth of taxes!!! But im sure when it comes i wont be disappointed that i didnt get any other options, they are pretty well appointed in HSE trim. Hope that helps. Good luck & happy shopping.
slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

I am in the UK. The Dynamic Pack in the Uk is slightly different to Australia, however basically the Dynamic Pack improves the exterior styling.

I have an HSE Luxury with 22" Dynamic Pack. Depends what you want from the car, but in my opinion, the Discovery without the Dynamic Pack looks very ordinary and doesn't appeal to me.

The dynamic pack gives the car a sportier and stylish appearance
LR_Gogo

Post by LR_Gogo »

Hey.
I have the dynamic package here in the US, and so far the one thing I noticed is that there might be some accessories or other options that this package disables.

For example, you can not get the factory stainless steel undershields (front, back) if you have the dynamic package. The standard shields are silver colored plastics (you need to remove them for the spare wheel or to access the towing hooks.
Mark^^

Post by Mark^^ »

Thanks all for your comments, I am pretty much settled on the HSE TD6 with the Complete Dynamic Design Pack (21" wheels) as I like the look and for the $3,800 cost in Australia I like the upgrade to a black contrast roof, electric sunroof with fixed rear glass panoramic roof and the full black interior with upgraded Windsor leather seats. As I intend to drive off road I will also need Capability Plus Pack with the Rear Locking Differential and other 4x4 upgrades. I am also thinking of the Drive Pro Pack as get older some of the driving aids will assist. These are the must haves plus, the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, which is an option in Australia.

But as I have been driving my Evoque with Heads up Display system I think I would like to add an integrated on to this new car, so I am tossing up about ticking the Technology Plus Pack.

Will, I am purchasing my car through a novated lease system and saw the luxury car tax and stamp duty go up and up when I leased my Evoque so I know what to expect.

LRGogo, my Evoque is a Dynamic model and has the same sort of covers, to access the recovery points front and back, you have to remove plastic covers which are easy to remove, hopefully its just as easy in the Disco.
LR_Gogo

Post by LR_Gogo »

Yes, good choice to have it, makes the car looks nicer for sure.
I've got almost all options, probably will not use a few of them. Got many accessories too (cooler box to the 2nd row, mudflaps, etc.).

Yes, the plastic covers are only held by a few button screws. But probably would break if off-road rock hits it during some climbing.
I am not there yet by far with my week-old car though :)

The HUD is nice, it'll come with the IR filtering windshield (so no heated windshield with a HUD). One thing that everyone must take into account, that if you wear sunglasses (I'm in southern California, so 9 months out of 12 I am in sunglasses outside), they can not be polarized or you will not see the HUD info properly, in-fact you can barely see it at all.