InControl Touch vs Touch Pro

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Johnb

Post by Johnb »

Hi

I am getting a Disco 5 and am prevaricating between the HSE and SE model. One key factor for me is the difference between the InControl Touch vs the Touch Pro.

I have a 2015 Disco Sport that has a Touch and it is a bit meh. Is the Touch on the Disco 5 the same? How much better is the Touch Pro and is it worth it?

Would love thoughts ...

John

LR_Gogo

Post by LR_Gogo »

The Pro has bigger screen (10" instead of 8"), stronger sound system, satellite radio receiver, voice recognition (optional for the non-pro), stolen vehicle locator, extra app features all included according to the sheets.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I have the SE . Using the app I can see where the vehicle is . Wether it's locked and alarmed. How many miles it's done and how much fuel it has. It records my trips showing mpg for that trip. As LR-gogo says 8"screen.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Can you remote start the engine on the SE?

Many thanks

B
3.0 SE, Santorini Black, 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5011', Electric Sunroof (tilt/slide front glass) with fixed rear glass pano (Including Power Blinds), Privacy Glass, HUD, rear view camera. Delivered Jul 17.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I don't think so. I have seen on the app sound horn and flash lights ( I think it said flash lights) but when I select it it says I don't have permission or something like that. I can also contact land rover assist.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Thanks Craigp, was curious as my father's Jag XF can do this with a similar system. Hope you're enjoying the car.

B
3.0 SE, Santorini Black, 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5011', Electric Sunroof (tilt/slide front glass) with fixed rear glass pano (Including Power Blinds), Privacy Glass, HUD, rear view camera. Delivered Jul 17.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Yes they share systems, that is why it is called JLR!! :mrgreen:
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Yes really like the car. Although trip to the dealers tomorrow. I now have 4 faults.
1 rear platform thing stopped working.
2 The fuel cap has a blemish in the paintwork.
3 The rear tailgate only partially opens when using the key fob to open it .
4 My contacts list on my phone not downloading.

Apart from that it's great😁
cwch60

Post by cwch60 »

Re Sticking tailgate, etc. Land Rover have issued a bulletin on this, involving a trip to the bodyshop and repositioning/shimming the tailgate but another member on the forum told me that he'd solved the problem by spraying silicone mold release spray on the tailgate seal so I tired it myself and it worked really well - did it three weeks ago and no more problems, saving the loss of the car for two days and without repositioning. It also solved the lower flap problem as well. The spray, a little aerosol, costs about £2.79 from Screwfix and it doesn't leave a wet residue.
jukn

Post by jukn »

Rear tailgate only partially opening can often be reset to fully opening yourself, check out the handbook instructions, if your contacts are on your sim not the phone that's why they won't download
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider