Rear screens

All Discovery 5 related discussions
disco55555

Post by disco55555 »

hi there - is it possible to play films / tv shows through the rear screens from an iphone / ipad? it seems to play music but cant seem to get a picture. any ideas

Love the car - picked up last week HSE Lux TD6 with Dynamic pack in Loire Blue. Teething issues with Satnav.....no voice directions.

mcunnin

Post by mcunnin »

I would like to know the same thing. What are the other options for playing films is it just DVD and HDMI input?
nidca

Post by nidca »

It is, I use one of these to play from my iPhone.

Lightning Digital AV Adapter

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/MD826ZM/A
nidca

Post by nidca »

I've found a better link on the Apple site.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/M ... 9369d6b557

And a standard HDMI cable.

nidca
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Does it only appear on the rear screens or can you use the infotainment screen as well?
ukms

Post by ukms »

Works in the front when stationary but cuts off when you move off (unless you have the split screen)
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Cheers
Labbix

Post by Labbix »

Hi

Is the rear entertainment system actually worthwhile to buy?
Meaning good quality and easy to use (the one from Audi is absolutely worthless, that’s why I wanted to know more about the one in the new Disco)

All info more than welcome ;)
Del

Post by Del »

Hi Labbix,

We have this on our HSE Lux as standard and to be honest it’s the first car we have had this on.

I find it great for the kids especially on long journeys. We have three kids and found it kept them quiet watching from two different iPads, quality was good however a third set of headphones was ridiculously expensive. Over £200 for a third set luckily we also have a RR Autobiography with split screen in the front and a set of headphones which work with the Discovery so we use them. Overall would I buy if it wasn’t a standard feature on the HSE Lux? Probably yes to have it on one vehicle to keep the kids entertained...
Labbix

Post by Labbix »

Hi Del,

Thanks for the quick reply. We are in the same position than, 3kids in the back. Unfortunately the disco has only 2 isofix in the middle row (q7 has3), but that’s another story.

I suppose you don’t use the iPads anymore as iPads with brackets would be the other solution for me?
Although I can imagine it’s way easier to use build in screens if they work well. The ones from the q7 are so bad that I am a bit hesitating for the Land Rover ones... are the headphones of a decent quality as well, as 200 is quite expensive indeed, for sure with 3 kids who try to ‘discover’ how everything was put together...