Help!!! Quality issues...

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Coming from Audi/BMWs I will be thoroughly going over the car before paying for it. Still looking forward to it however.😀

B
3.0 SE, Santorini Black, 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5011', Electric Sunroof (tilt/slide front glass) with fixed rear glass pano (Including Power Blinds), Privacy Glass, HUD, rear view camera. Delivered Jul 17.

Betsy

Post by Betsy »

The problem is that some issues raise their heads once you've driven it off the forecourt e.g. my rear camera has decided to only work sporadically and the infotainment system seems to have a mind of it's own. You've just got to hope that for those types of faults its software issues that are well known and an update will be out soon.
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

I agree it looks better and overcomes the problem of the scratches/marks on the grey plastic but you shouldn't have had to pay for that yourself?!
That gives it the same finish as the dynamic kit.
nickthornton

Post by nickthornton »

We have had our HSE Lux since March 24 and are thoroughly disappointed with the build quality. We have a very long list of issues, many of which have been experienced by others and most of which remain unresolved. Water entering the offside rear footwell via the air vent is the latest problem.

Our dealer (Ribblesdale in Settle) is doing all it can, but the problems were reported to Land Rover's customer service team almost five weeks ago and we have not heard a thing. The dealer is chasing and has escalated the lack of response to Andrew West, Director of Customer Service, so we are expecting a call.

In the meantime, we are in a courtesy car, again, and wondering why we traded in our Discovery 4.
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

More problems-whilst out driving yesterday the windscreen rubber seal decided to detach itself and start flapping against the side window?!? All the glue has perished! Really? On a new car. Come on Land Rover-get your act together....
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Known problem, there is a "recall" for this.

Mine started when I put the wipers on and the air pressure caused it to flip out.
p4vvs

Post by p4vvs »

This just happened to mine last week...shocking...and dealers over here in Germany are as bad as what I have heard in the UK. The screen turns off and goes fuzzy now and again and when i tried to book it in they said it may not be in warranty if i have an aftermarket tracker installed, i do not. They seemed to be making excuses for me not to bring it in...not really happy with the overall experience of the dealer over here.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

It's funny that. When they are seĺling you the car they are really nice. All i can think is they put the really nice people in sales and the nasty ones in service🤣🤣🤣
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

I'm afraid they are having my car back as I've officially rejected it with all the problems I've now had.....
MrKeefe82

Post by MrKeefe82 »

If you want to see a list of problems that 100% demonstrate the poor build quality look in the technical and faults section of this forum and see my posts there or check out my twitter @AdamKeefe

Sadly as nice as the car is to drive when you first get it, the quality of the car is sub standard and customer experience when it comes to the dealers and LR is shocking.