Help!!! Quality issues...

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

I've written on here previously but in the wrong section so now need some feedback regarding build quality please. Having taken delivery of a first edition in silicon silver(lovely colour) we noticed marks on headlining , bumper trim and surrounds and also an issue with the brake calipers. The car was returned to dealership where they tried to rectify. New bumper trim ordered from factory - BOTH came marked/chipped! LR recognise there's an issue with all this type of trim. Doesn't apply to dynamic pack as this trim is gloss finish. Trim is like a matt grey soft plastic which marks awfully! Loan car is brand new and all trim is marked including inner door panels and lower glove box?!? LR have said all brake calipers need to be replaced together with headlining!?!
Dealership have offered a new build car for July delivery but with dynamic design pack but.....we want an OPENING sunroof and when you configure this model on line it deletes the sunroof?!?! Help!!!!

slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

I agree there are build quality issues.

The silver trim on my rear bumper (dynamic pack) wasnt fitted properly and I only noticed when I got home. It was actually a very easy (and flimsy) fit so I corrected it myself rather than go all the way back to the dealer.

I have the 22inch dynamic pack and have a opening sunroof so that is definitely possible. However we actually specced the car with a fixed front panoramic roof (no cost option) because we dont use the sunroof and the fixed roof is bigger than the opening sunroof. But still came with opening sunroof!
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

Thanks for that-the LR configurator must be wrong! Are you otherwise pleased? Didn't expect so many issues with a brand new vehicle!!!!
Huxey

Post by Huxey »

Hey Cgsmith. Can you post a few pics so we can see exactly what you're talking about? If this becomes a trend I'll be cancelling my order. I'm too far away from the nearest dealer to be messing around with all the back and forth on repairs to a brand new machine. Thanks.
slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

I am very pleased with the vehicle. I had a Discovery 4 before and the All New Discovery is definitely better. The 2nd and 3rd row seats are not as comfortable (as many have commented about already) but otherwise its better in every way.

I think I know what you mean by the marks on the bumper trim. Although I have the black gloss trim due to having the dynamic pack, the plastic trim I see when I open the doors is the same trim as yours... And it does mark easily. Looks​ like someone's shoe marked the driver side trim and its difficult getting it off. (Again I only noticed when I got home)

As I said, I am very happy with the car, more than I expected actually. However, I would say Land Rover don't prep their new cars properly before delivery. That of course could be the dealers issue.

We picked up a Cayenne a week before we picked up the Discovery, and the Cayenne was absolutely immaculate prepped when we picked it up.

Hopefully you get the trim issue sorted soon!
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

The dealer has offered to build a new car with dynamic pack so avoiding the matte trim which is causing problems. Only thing is it's not a first edition model so doesn't have as much spec as 'mine' and if I spec the replacement car it costs more which dealer isn't happy about! Not my problem!!!
Also doesn't get away from the fact that my original car has a marked headlining in 2 places and 4 faulty brake calipers which are pitted black....also trim issues in other places on outside of vehicle. Not impressed so far. Perhaps I should have gone for a German marque?! We were so pleased with our Disco 4....
slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

Thats unfortunate you have bern faced with so many issues.

We were going to go for the First Edition but we didnt like any of the colour combinations. So ended up getting the HSE Lux.

I was between the Audi SQ7 and the Discovery.... But the styling and presence of the Discovery swayed me.

I think if you did get a replacement vehicle then you will be delighted with it.
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

Yes-should have gone for the HSE lux from the start as limited colour options on First Edition. Hopefully getting sorted although I was tempted by SQ7 too but it looks a bit bland? What colour is your Disco?
Need to come to a compromise with my LR desker.
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

Dealer
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

Interestingly we went an had a look at the SQ7. Quick car and well built BUT by the time we'd specc'd it, it was way north of £90k. Also just didn't get on with its looks. Lastly it's bloody long but not high - boot very shallow and 3rd row not really realistic for adults.

Oh and the salesman was just awful.

So far our Disco has been fine. Screen has crashed a couple of times - been told an update is on the way. Suppose best indication of how much wife loves it is I've now driven our M235i Vert now for the 2 weeks we've had the Disco. Usually minute the sun comes out, I can't get anywhere near it. Can't get her out of the Disco!