Tow bar

All Discovery 5 related discussions
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

I bought one of these -

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-ra ... le-carrier

Only need to carry my bike. Easy to fit, bike goes on fine totally clear of the car and reg number still visible. Absolute bargain.

ch105

Post by ch105 »

fwiw - and only recently discovered this - if you use the .com configurator for a First Edition (rather than the .co.uk one which has now gone from the UK website) you will see there is the option to factory fit the electrically deployable tow bar (and choose 21 inch alloys rather than 22) so may well be worth having a chat with JLR as to exactly why we were charged exhorbitant premiums for retro dealer fit options on tow bars and had no choice on boot sizes....

http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/ ... ther2.html
titolugo

Post by titolugo »

Hello,
I just bought a first edition that came to my local dealer without the tow hitch. I would like to retrofit a tow bar but can't find the part # for the original one that comes installed from the factory with the electrical connectors.
Does anybody has an alternative for the disco5?
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Non of the 1st editions came with factory fit tow bars I believe one or two did deals for tow bars fitted at factory prices by dealer. The electric one is £1000 factory fit. Dealer fit £2500.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Kja

Post by Kja »

So, I ordered my First Edition back at the beginning of October 2016 - including the dealer fit deployable tow bar (extortionate price!). After much delay and issues (some documented elsewhere on this forum), I finally took delivery of my car on 29th March - without the tow bar. Told the wiring loom was not available, and would have to wait 4-6 weeks before it would come through on back order. Here I am over 3 months later - escalated through JLR customer service (which has failed to call me back within any of their own stated timescales) - and about to have our family holiday ruined by the persistent non-supply of the tow bar that I ordered 9 months ago and paid for, in full, 3 months ago...
The car is excellent - really pleased with it... but JLR's total failure to deliver and manage my expectations really has taken the shine off the whole experience. A real shame, especially when you consider how much I've paid for this vehicle.
Need to up the pressure further to get some resolution here - ideas greatfully received?!
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Well they are around now, the loan D5 I had a couple of weeks ago had one fitted.
rikdisco2017

Post by rikdisco2017 »

Can be adjusted by a slight Tilt when putting on 'Tow ball' or you have 2 adjusters which can tilt forward.
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

My car has a build date for the 10th August and should be at the dealer about 8th September and I've opted for a detachable tow bar over a deployable one, perhaps am being stupid I worried if I didn't use it often it may seize up or break. We're it's easy to put on your detachable tow bar and take off with out worries about malfunctioning.
JiiJii71

Post by JiiJii71 »

Chalkey wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:02 pm My car has a build date for the 10th August and should be at the dealer about 8th September and I've opted for a detachable tow bar over a deployable one, perhaps am being stupid I worried if I didn't use it often it may seize up or break. We're it's easy to put on your detachable tow bar and take off with out worries about malfunctioning.
My mother have BMW F31 -13. There is a deployable tow bar (electrical) and non of malfunctions yet. With that expierence we had coureage to order Disco also with similiar.