Tow bar

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Jackg

Post by Jackg »

I pick my first edition up tomorrow and dealer has just called to say that they are no longer offering the deplorable tow bar but just a removable one which doesn't have all the fancy electronics!

Anyone else had that issue? Bit crap really!

Jack

APCo

Post by APCo »

I love the idea of a deplorable towbar......
My dealer told me that although there were part numbers for the tow bar options, and luggage dividers, for that matter, they didn't actually have any made to sell........
He did say that the deployable one would be the first time it was a dealer fit option, maybe a mistake on the Land Rover site. Personally, the electronic one is Gucci but worth over 2 grand? happy with a manual one tbh.
Seaview36

Post by Seaview36 »

Picked up my 3.0l HSE on 2nd March from Chelmsford with factory fitted electric tow bar. Great bit of kit!
Allen

Post by Allen »

When I bought the RRS 18 months ago the electronic tow bar was fitted by the factory and it folds away very neatly. Have ordered same for the Discovery 5 and assume that it will arrive in next week or so fitted by LR as it was included as part of the pre-build specification which I checked on ordering. Maybe worth asking your dealer for a sight of their pre-build order sheet for your car to confirm that they ordered it on your behalf as Dealer fit option is at least twice the price to fit retrospectively. If they have forgotten to order at least they would then be responsible for fitting at the initial pre-build order price.
richl812

Post by richl812 »

My order is in with the electric towbar and although I haven't got a build date, the order has been accepted.

The electric deployable towbar with electrics is still available to add on the configurator.
APCo

Post by APCo »

The first edition was not available with factory fitted towbar, it had to be a dealer fit option. As dealer fit it is indeed well over twice the price of a factory fitted one. The dealer fit removable one is similar in price to the deployable one from the factory. :shock:
Kja

Post by Kja »

Delivery of my First Edition suffering further delays. Apparently the dealer fit electric deployable tow bar has an issue (as do all orders with electric deployable tow bar). Have been told to expect 4-6 week wait for suitable replacement kit. Other models with factory fit specified also appear delayed. Don't know the detail of the issue, but now looking to take delivery without tow bar, and return later for fitting when available.
JLR appear intent on ruining my buying experience with this car. :(
richl812

Post by richl812 »

Kja wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:07 pm Delivery of my First Edition suffering further delays. Apparently the dealer fit electric deployable tow bar has an issue (as do all orders with electric deployable tow bar). Have been told to expect 4-6 week wait for suitable replacement kit. Other models with factory fit specified also appear delayed. Don't know the detail of the issue, but now looking to take delivery without tow bar, and return later for fitting when available.
JLR appear intent on ruining my buying experience with this car. :(
My HSE Luxury 3.0L came with a factory fitted tow bar and it is brilliant!
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

Yup, I used mine last night to take mountain bike out on. Never had an electric tow bar before - have a funny feeling, I'll never have a manual one again after this!!
stuart_f

Post by stuart_f »

Slight thread drift...

gtsussex - what carrier did you use? I've got a Thule 9502 from the D4 but I'm worried with the full length tailgate on the D5 it'll not clear the bikes. Can't check right now as the car is still at the dealers being fixed.