disco 5 seats size 2 nd row

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Maceo

Post by Maceo »

Hello, I'm considering to buy a disco 5.
However, there is one big question for me.

I have three children, so the size of the seats in the second row - especially the middle seat - is quiet important to me.
Could anybody tell me how wide is the middle seat in the 2nd row [a) the whole seat and b) just the flat sitting surface without the side cusions]?
How wide is the 2nd row alltogether (all 3 seats together)?

I own a Ford S-max and this car has three equal seats in the 2nd row (I think this is similar to disco 4), so my wife can sit inbetween two children seats without any problems. Would it be possible in the Disco 5, too?

Is there any problem with placing a child seat in the middle of the 2nd row?

I've read the comments concerning the short depth of the seats, but my problem is the width.
Thank you very much for your help

ashields

Post by ashields »

On the test drive I had my kids car seats in the outer positions and my wife who is very slim sat in the middle.

She said it was uncomfortable - more uncomfortable than in the D3 which is already tight (our child seats are quite wide). We don't tend to do this very often but if we did it would be a problem.
Mack247

Post by Mack247 »

I seem to recall that there is no isofix for the middle seat in the second row - you may wish to get that confirmed. My wife currently sits in the middle row between two child seats in our Tiguan - the disco seat is wider than that (though not as wide as the outer seats), but best of all for comfort there is no raised transmission tunnel in the Disco - the floor is flat all the way across.
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

Have to say this is one of my bugbears with the
5. We took our kids' seats out of our 4 and put straight in the 5. I can sit in between them in the 4. Was bloody uncomfortable in the 5. Must be 2 inches difference in width.

My advice - put your seats in a demo car and test. We'recommend getting a different seat for my niece whom we look after. Only way we can fit them all in. Bloody annoying.
Daveyj

Post by Daveyj »

Rear seat on disco 5 is unbelievably uncomfortable. For 50k plus car JLR should be ashamed. Seat is hard to low down and makes long journeys awful for driver who has complaints from rear passengers asking why didn’t we come in mums galaxy which is way more comfortable! So disappointing!