Land Rover Discovery SVX planned

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The next-generation Land Rover Discovery is likely to be given extreme off-road capabilities by JLR’s Special Vehicle Operations arm next year, in order for it to act as a halo product for the all-terrain capability of the company’s product range.

land_rover_svx.jpg

The all-new Discovery 5 is expected to be revealed later this year, with SVO’s so-called Land Rover Discovery SVX version going on sale 12-18 months later.

SVO has a three-pronged brief to deliver cars that showcase the best of Jaguar Land Rover’s capabilities in the ‘luxury’, ‘performance’ and ‘capability’ markets.

The ‘luxury’ end has been covered by the Range Rover Sport SVR and the ‘performance’ side by the Jaguar F-Type SVR revealed at the recent Geneva motor show.

While it is believed that an even more luxurious version of the Range Rover is under development without the Sport SVR’s focus on performance upgrades, the next launch is reported to be the Discovery SVX, so that the SVO division — which has yet to even formally open its headquarters — can showcase its capabilities across the full range of its brief.

Source: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... vx-planned

DiscoOwner

Post by DiscoOwner »

I need some 'light / general' off road use for mine as I live down the end of a track, bumps, gravel, mud and usually snow in the winter.

This might be too extreme for my needs but I'd be interested to see what the Discovery 5 is capable of.