Gift from LR

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Mack247

Post by Mack247 »

I got these after ordering a HSE.

Dswigs

Post by Dswigs »

Hi, I was surprised with the same set with a D5 HSE Lux on order (ordered 15 Jul, delivery late Sep), mind you, it's the third car I've bought from Land Rover in 18 months (Disco 4 Landmark in Jun '16, my wife's evoque SE Tech in Nov and my D5). Saving them to put on my new D5 when it eventually arrives!
merctony

Post by merctony »

Yes l just got a set in the post with a letter saying welcome back to land rover Mr T, Had a lot of little gifts from land rover over the years, l think the best one was a Lunch/Dinner at the Evoque pre launch at Dalesford Farm, Wonderful day out, great food and a drive in the car with same spec that you had ordered. My last one was a Discovery Sport, boy the B Pillar rattle on that drove me mad, and the wife, had the repair done, but it came back, so got rid of it and went to BMW. l loved the look of the new shape Discovery as soon as it came out, but stayed away thinking l would buy a used one from a dealer later in the year, well that time came and l looked at many on the Land Rover web site, the biggest problem l had was getting a dealer to ring me back, All l wanted was a 2.0 Discovery HSE in Montalcino Red, with Privy Glass and Electrically Deployable Tow Bar, there were a good few around, but getting people to ring you back after you took the time to ring them was just annoying. In the end Rybrook, Hudderfield had the car, rang me back and we did a deal on one with approx 5000 on the clock at 53600.00. Three days later Andrew rang me and said he could do a brand new one, which Land Rover had in, for delivery 4 days later, it was the spec and colour l wanted, with smokers pack (Silly Tub in Drinks Holder, now removed) and 2nd row air con. New price would be 57000. So l had it, did not want new, but touch wood so far so good, for a car that l brought from start to finish in 2 weeks. l have had 2 lots of updates so far, and next week it goes in for two more, the girl did say that one of the next ones is for the rear blind. (seems fine to me) anyway while l am there l will get a list of all updates done and post them on here so we can all keep up to date. l dont mind updates, l know its your time, having to go to dealer, but remember we now live a world of wifi and bluetooth, My disco talks to my phone more than l use it myself, welcome to the modern world, what l would say is, dont worry about sims and usbs, it will be fixed for you in the end, enjoy the drive, enjoy your discovery, its a great car, and everytime l go to the dealer for update, l just sit there, admire the view and enjoy their coffee and biscuits. Lifes to short...
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.
Coachman

Post by Coachman »

Bought 5 new discos over the years and never had a gift from LR.Struggled to get a full tank of fuel from Guy Salmon Bristol although the salesman did put a couple of bottles of wine in the car.Just bought front and rear mudflaps for my D5 HSE bought in Aug. this year at £60 a set which looking at them would be dear at that for both sets.
beamifrend

Post by beamifrend »

They look pretty chunky. Might have to get your wheels re-balanced when you put them on!
Discovery HSE Luxury TD6 Firenze Red
JiiJii71

Post by JiiJii71 »

Some tickets to Helsinki International Horse Show.

http://www.helsinkihorseshow.fi
sawdust

Post by sawdust »

I got two packs. No car yet though.
Arm

Post by Arm »

got my set in the post yesterday :lol:
ukms

Post by ukms »

Doubt I'll get anything sent in the post from LR out here in UAE, but did get a nice little bag of goodies from the dealer at handover. All of them from the gifts that LR sell online. A nice bone china LR mug, Cross Pen, 2 decent LR keying's and a windscreen sunshade :)
Jacro

Post by Jacro »

They will be stolen. Unfortunately. Put em on e bay