Hi

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Darrenh

Post by Darrenh »

Evening all
We have owned a Mercedes ml for the past 7 years across two different vehicles. We are on the verge of ordering a disco 5 which will be our first land rover car. We are slightly nervous, should we be? Or would you say owning a Land Rover is great all things considered? Appreciate no one can comment on the new disco5 performance. In addition the dealership has said absolutely no deals on anything as a brand new model, is that everyone's experience?
Thanks
Darren

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Evening Darrenh. Don't be nervous. I came over two years ago from having a few Mercedes. I have had three Range Rover evoques in the last two years with no issues whatsoever. Also my Land Rover dealer is awesome. Ordered my disco last October after seeing pictures and the launch video. There is no discounts whatsoever. You will love it I'm sure. Have you seen one in the flesh.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Hi Darren,

My nerves have been up and down throughout this whole journey. I researched a lot of cars before deciding on the Discovery. My friend will never have another land rover in his driveway because of the problems he has had. So its been hard for me.

Pros: - Tech is amazing
- No other 4x4 can compete
- 3 yrs + 2 yrs Warranty (This and a big chat with my friend sealed the deal for me)
- Marketing Sucked me in.

Cons: - Unknown Problems if any
- Intererior Choice of colors is well ok (Ive been told not to get the white headling as it will mark too easy, so only leaves black)

At the end of the day its a new car with lots of technology, that no other car manufacturer (especially 4x4 ones) are offering. I am really looking forward to it. I have been looking online every night for so long nowl, sadly looking at the same videos.

I think in the coming weeks we will see a lot more info come out of the UK
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Hi. Whats 3 yrs + 2 yrs warranty?? I am sure you will love it.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

In Aus they are offering 5 years warranty. The 3 yrs you get plus an option to add a further 2 yrs.
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Oh I see. We don't get that offer here in the U.K.