Ordering Discovery after test driving BMW

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
X5OT

Post by X5OT »

Hi everyone

Having test driven BMW X5 40D and the X3 M40D this week, I’ve decided to go with the Discovery R-Dynamic SE 300D to replace my Disco Sport. We already have 2 other ‘fast cars’, so I’m happy to have something sedate, and I just love the seating position in the Discovery and the ‘captain’s armrests’ ! I have had my Disco Sport for just over 4 years (from new). Have just hit 70k miles this week and I’ve been quoted a year lead time so need to get spec finalised. The Disco Sport has been great, bar the well-documented oil dilution issues which require more frequent oil changes, so I’m happy to stick with the LR brand.

Before signing on the line, are there any niggles I should be aware of? Does it require extra oil changes?!

Still not decided on colour so if anyone has any photos ‘In the flesh’ that would be really helpful, especially of the Charente Grey next to the Carpathian Grey.

Also not yet decided on body-coloured roof or black contrast roof. And also considering side steps but most I see on the road don’t have them.

Looking at the following spec -
R-Dynamic SE
Carpathian Grey or Charente Grey or Byron Blue
Privacy Glass
Sliding Sunroof & panoramic roof
Black roof rails
Light oyster/ ebony duo leather seats
Heated rear seats (2nd row)
Gloss black trim (standard)
Heater steering wheel
Interactive driver display
Three zone climate control
Wireless device charging with phone signal booster
Electric towbar (need to carry 4 bikes)
Mudflaps

I’ve had head-up display on an M5 and I can live without it.

Anything else considered a ‘must have’?

Thanks in advance

WmDisco

Post by WmDisco »

Based on a telephone call from a Dealer today - no choice on Black Contrast roof any more. Its going to be standard on all R-Dynamic models. Also Interactive Display is going to be dropped. as well as electronically adjustable steering wheel (even if they have already been ordered). Have asked for this to be confirmed as Configurator still shows them as available.
Apparently its the microchip shortage - although I cant see why microchip shortage leads to different roof colour!