Spare wheel anti theft

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Delaine

Post by Delaine »

Hi everyone,
I’m new to this Discovery chat , just wondering has anyone Oredered an anti theft cover from Ray Dewhurst, just wondering were you satisfied with the product.
Also I’m in Ireland & trying to get the correct size of spare wheel for a S model 2019. Not ordered s full size spare wheel.
Thanks

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Yes i have one fitted. LR now do a better one than the originals. When i took mine in for its 1st service and to have the upgraded cover fitted they said they didn't bother as the one i had fitted (Rays) was much better. Does that help😁
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Davidls

Post by Davidls »

I have one of Rays covers fitted on my MY2018 21” spare wheel and am very happy with it. The LR one is rubbish in comparison and wouldn’t stop anyone that was determined. With Rays cover I am not concerned at all.
danr123

Post by danr123 »

I have had one on my D4 for the last 4 years. It is well made and well designed. I have bought one for a D5 which I am picking up at the weekend, going to take it with me to the dealer and put it on straight away. Ray was really prompt with delivery of the new one and was good to deal with on both occasions.
Delaine

Post by Delaine »

Thank you all for replying, I’ll go with Rays
Elaine.
RL6

Post by RL6 »

Hi

Just got a new 19MY D5 Lux. This seems to come with the upgraded winch with the end cap that is supposed to make it harder to cut but no plate.

I had Rays plate for my D4 that worked well so does anyone know if

(I) RLD D5 plate is compatible with the latest LR winch?
(2) whether the RLD plate works with a space saver spare rather than full size?

If both are positive answers I’ll order now

Cheers
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

You can contact Ray on the DISCO5 forum if you search for that....
pzlioba

Post by pzlioba »

Does anyone know where I can buy the winch itself? I only find anti-theft covers but not the actual winch
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Land Rover dealer?