What have I done.....

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
surfingmonkey

Post by surfingmonkey »

I only popped into my local dealership (Guy Salmon Wakefield) on Saturday during the Black Event to get the reassurance that what I wanted could not be done.

Expecting to be told:
That there wasn't enough equity in my Disco Sport to cover the outstanding finance balance.
That I'd have to contribute more than I wanted as a deposit
That the monthly payments would be more than I wanted to make
And that there wasn't a 3.0 HSE TD6 in Corris Grey with Black Pack, privacy glass and a heated steering wheel anywhere in the country.

I picked it up a week later......

And good god it's big!

kits80

Post by kits80 »

Well done - you'll love it !!
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

At first it seems big.
After a while, it feels just right, but all the other cars look so tiny! :D

Greets,
Hauser
Discovery 5 (MY 2017): HSE Luxury, TDV6, Fuji White w. black roof
Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
xxtrail

Post by xxtrail »

Yes, it is big and daunting for a few minutes. I took one out for 3 days and, due to the higher driving position, it was easier to place on the road than my Discovery Sport. The air suspension gives a fabulous ride. My order is now in for March delivery. Much better than the Velar on all counts (IMHO).
On order: D5 HSE 2L in Fuji with Light Oyster/Espresso interior. Driver Assist Pack. Technology Plus Pack. TR2. Heated Steering Wheel.
Dodlestonian

Post by Dodlestonian »

I chose the D5 over a range rover autobiography so no arguments from me on your choice :-)
Bursztyn6

Post by Bursztyn6 »

I'm in the same position as you but my order was placed only last week (see my post HSE SDV6 ordered).
Dealer advised that delivery may also be in March but I have my doubts. However, JLR is not exactly inundated with new orders at the moment, particularly for diesels. Also, factor in move to production in Nitra, Slovakia apparently starting in March this year. I've read elsewhere that production there is expected to be phased in gradually rather than an overnight change from UK to Slovakia. Hopefully yours and mine will still be made in Solihull!
Best of luck anyway and post some photos when you take delivery.