Hi everyone

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bree

Post by Bree »

Hi everyone,

We have just (three weeks ago) purchased our first disco. We looked at the D4 when we purchased our last car but went with the Prado in the end. We just traded our prado on the discovery 5.
Love every thing about it.
But we have already had two minor issues in three weeks, and after finding this forum I’m VERY worried about what’s to come.
Prado never missed a single beat...

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Bree hope everything goes well for you.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Bree

Post by Bree »

Thanks Craig,
Have you had issues with yours?
I put some photos of ours in the gallery.
Bree
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Not too bad. I was having problems with my music through the usb. And would tell enyone who cared to listen however the stick stopped working altogether bought a new one loaded music on and its perfect now. So it looks like it could have been the stick. Other than that oil problems but that is a 3 litre engine problem i see you have the 2 litre. Other than that its been great. Not having the problems that the hse infortaiment systems are having because its a different system and not as clever. But more than adequate for me.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
red5

Post by red5 »

Hi Bree
I'm glad I went for the 2 litre.
Not had the problems others have had fortunately.
Only problem is reverse camera doesn't always want to play and normally just when you really need it.
Had all the Discos since first production and still think they are the best.
Bree

Post by Bree »

Thanks guys,
I just have the SE SD4 so hoping I don’t have as many tech issues

Red5 I have had the same issue with mine
Took it to dealer today and they did and update that they assure me addresses the issue.
I’m hoping they are right. It only took about an hour. I’ll let you know how it goes from now
It wasn’t all the time. Just sometimes and seemed to be related to the parking sensor display coming up.

Love the car so far