Spare wheel anti theft recall?

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dunk22

Post by Dunk22 »

Hi there , first time on a forum but since waiting for delivery of my Disco 5 I have learnt a lot! One thing was all the problems with Spare wheel theft which I challenged the dealer on today! He checked with LR and apparently my vehicle has a recall bulletin which is being done at the same time as the 5000 service where an anti theft device for the spare is being fitted FOC?

I didn't know they did one and was going to buy an after market one?

Does anybody know if this sounds right?

Dunk

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Yes there is a fix for all D5's
Dunk22

Post by Dunk22 »

Thanks for the reply!
Discovery5ward

Post by Discovery5ward »

Hi,

I added a aftermarket anti theft devise to my Disco 5 only to find that the dealer had removed it to fit the Landrover modification devise.

In my opinion the one I fitted was far better than the Landrover.

When I had my spare wheel stolen from my Disco 4 what I did was add a small steel tube to the upper part of the winch cable so when the wheel was in place a cutter can not be u :evil: sed easily to snip the cable through the alloy wheel spokes. I also then fitted a steel plate to cover not only the alloy wheel spokes but also the bottom part of the winch cable that I feel could still be cut off. The modification has removed both security devises I had added to my vehicle and have added just a poor plate that still shows the lower part of the winch cable. Landrover have put a large steel collar on this cable but I am sure some low life could still cut it off !!!!!

What I am mad about is the dealer has removed my devise without my consent. Who will pay for the alloy wheel if it was stolen again ?