Just Joined

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
QCB

Post by QCB »

The D5 is the 6th Land Rover I have owned and is by far the worst
The software is a complete nightmare
The voice recognition doesn’t work with the sat nav
The in control usually doesn’t work. I can’t sync my contacts and the car thinks it’s in Cambridge.
The support from Lancaster is non exist. I wish I had never bought it
Very disappointed HSE Luxury owner

GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

InControl apps and associated issues.

Hi - not that this is any comfort but apparently (so i am told by my dealer0 that there are known issues with eh inContol app and associated functions...the issue rests with Apple and is being now pursed by jLR.....a major app and soft ware up-date is due out in '2 - 3 months' again, so i am told!
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

What if you are using an Android phone?
Richard Best

Post by Richard Best »

Totally agree worst ever land Rover after 5 RR classics, Discovery's 1,2,3,4 and RR Sport 11 plate. Had this one since April 12K on the clock HSE nothing works properly even the elec tow bar keeps dropping down with 3.5 ton on the back. Must admit its great on the motorway but on the farm where it gets most use not even close to the Discovery 4. Dealership not interested in problems, Mind you it used to be ok but since Harwood's took it over its changed, its a pity that LR allow one dealership to monopolise the South East.
Other bad designs, revering lights are to high and dim to illuminate the camera, rear doors to wide to open in parking lot. mirrors to small for reversing 18 foot trailer together with poor visibility, computer all over the place. poor sat nav.
Have run out of time more bitching later. By the way tried to part ex for Discovery 4 at the dealership offered 20K less that paid for.
QCB

Post by QCB »

I have an iPhone. Went and paired it with a Discovery Sport and it was fine.
Car went in yesterday for software update. Got a call today that LR won’t allow any software updates as they have corrupted software. The car still thinks it’s in Cambridge
Al Dustan

Post by Al Dustan »

Hope you guys have solved your problems, I bought my Disco 5 HSE in June 2017. Have no problems syncing my phone or with my incontrol app on my phone. Works great. Only bitch I have is the seat belt holder on the driver seat should be about 6" longer. After that no problems. The dealer has also updated my software, again works great.