Just Joined

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
MarkyB

Post by MarkyB »

Just joined the forum.

Had a disco a few years ago and decided to go for the new Disco5 3L HSE Lux Dynamic and awaiting delivery.

Have a loan car for the week (from dealer as part of the deal) to tow caravan Disco5 HSE 2L.

Have to say I was disappointed on the drive towing a large twin axle caravan. Lots of sway and snaking, eventually switched to sport mode which seemed to help slightly.........anyone had an issues???

It was as sad 8hr drive with me wondering if I have done the right thing.

I previously towed with a 2L VW Amarok 4 wheel drive which was like a rock and towed amazing with never a single sway in the 4 yrs I had it.

Still looking forward to the new car delivery.....just a bit less than before.

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Welcome markyb I also tow a large twin axle. I don't find it as steady as a D4 however I also changed my van at a similar time so that could be clouding the issue. That said it's really not a problem and shouldn't cause you sleepless nights. Others find the D5 better than than the D4 or certainly no worse. I believe it pays to have the correct loading.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
MarkyB

Post by MarkyB »

Thanks Guys

Just read that thread and sounds very very similar to what I have just experienced having just towed it for circa 1,000 miles this week and most of those miles were slightly but clenching 😳

Still awaiting my exact delivery date but I'm hoping it won't drive the same as this one.

I'm checking out the nose weight etc as I measured it using the car and it came up as 150kg - 175kg which I think should have been ok.