Hi from Dubai......

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ukms

Post by ukms »

Hi all

Just a quick intro.

I’ve just ordered a Discovery 5 HSE Luxury 3.0 Si6 (petrol) here in the UAE. Corris Grey with Black and quite a few extra goodies. I should have it in 2 weeks as it’s a stock vehicle (dealers here typically bulk order a selection of colors but all with same options) very much looking forward to using this in what can be a varied and challenging terrain if you want.

My first LR, I’m currrently driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee and left behind an X5 in the UK earlier in the year.

Looking forward to picking up thoughts from the forum (hopefully not too many faults :) )

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi ukms welcome to the forum.
I hope you get the enhanced aircon in that spec. I've got the std and it struggles to cope in the UK for the back seat passengers.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
ukms

Post by ukms »

Hi Craigp

Cheers ! ..... That’s one of the things I really tested out and a small part of why I went for the HSE Luxury over the HSE. It has the 4 zone climate and vented front seats so hopefully it will get me through a hot summer here ! .... My only small disappointment is missing out on the interactive driver display which will be in the 2018MY but I got a decent discount on this one and there is a small price rise for 18MY as well as 5% VAT in Jan so not worth waiting. I’m also very impatient and didn’t want to factory order !!
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Good to hear you have the 4 zone. I had to wait over 6 months for mine . Really like the car although it's been back 3 times to the dealers for software issues. But good to drive.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
JRRushden

Post by JRRushden »

Hi I have had my Si6 for just over a year now. I absolutely made the right choice going for the supercharged petrol engine. It makes me smile whenever I drive. I average about 20 mpg. About 25 mpg on the motorway. Is it worth the extra running cost? Absolutely and no fiddling Adblue and diesel annoyances. Love this vehicle