Hi Forum

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
andrewe

Post by andrewe »

Hi,

Just joined after lurking for a while, as have just acquired an 2.0 HSE, ex-demonstrator with a good chunk off and some added goodies I am sure I won't use!

So far, a few hundred miles in, no probs beyond the app showing service due as soon as I left the dealer: trekked back and was told it was an app problem and shown the miles to service and miles to AdBlue readouts in the car. Next day, on upgrading to iOS11 on my phone, the car info was again showing a straight line of greens. Phew!

Still getting used to the size, having moved up from a Disco Sprout – and before that three Freelanders – but loving it so far. Doesn't seem at all underpowered, despite what the motoring hacks suggest, and slowly learning what all the 'stuff' does.

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi andrewe welcome. Must admit not seen any/many reports suggesting the 2litre is underpowered. I have the 3ltr but only because i tow a large caravan.
And thought the 2litre would be underpowered 🤣🤣
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Hi Craigp

I also had a freelander, then a discovery sport and on to a discovery 5 2lt so far am very pleased and it doesn't feel under powered. But if your going to do a lot of towing perhaps the 3lt would suit your needs better, put some photos on the site of your disco :D
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

That would be andrewe not craigp.🤣🤣
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Sorry Andrewe hi anyway, put some photos on :lol:
andrewe

Post by andrewe »

Chalkey wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:00 pm Sorry Andrewe hi anyway, put some photos on :lol:
Whoever I am, will do when time! ;)

So far only pics are of back of car full of old furniture as was down in Cornwall doing a house-clearance this week. Lots of D5s down there...