new to forum and disco virgin……..any maintenance tips?

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DISCOHEREDISCOTHERE5

Post by DISCOHEREDISCOTHERE5 »

Good morning

Recently purchased vehicle below would like any invaluable insights into maintaining her and keeping the vehicle in pristine condition?

media.jpeg

media.jpeg

media.jpeg

media.jpeg

Dswigs

Post by Dswigs »

Looks fab, love the wheels and roof. Our Land Rovers have always come with supaguard treatment which gives some protection, both inside and out (even got away with a dog have diarhorrea across front and middle seats of my then new Disco 4 Landmark one night when staying away - looked like a here of cows had walked through the car and it cleaned up (my wife performs magic) with no lasting marks to the leather). Most LR dealers seem to use some treatment, I've seen similar treatments elsewhere so I would ask about this as a first step. I've also been using a car shampoo on from Costco which is sold also by BMW, will find name out for you but it has worked really well on my black Disco 4 - it even seems to repel dirt! Good luck, looks a great car!
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Wow that looks stunning.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

I am considering getting a Clear Car Bra put on.
jukn

Post by jukn »

i have a problem with dog slavers on the black trim interior at the back which if not removed immediately seems to set like stone, any ideas what to use please to stop it?
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Looks fantastic, we pick ours up from the dealer on the on the 6th September. We have a small dog which we're thinking about putting here on her bed in the boot. Because we went for acorn cream leather we're worried about her making the leather.

We got life shine on our last car discovery sport which were also having on the discovery which comes with a bag of goodies to keep your car tip top.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

We have a medium sized dog and acorn interior. We just put a seat dog cover on the seat. The only annoying thing is the seat belt clips don't allow you to fit in a different clip. So a bit of a faff strapping him in. Compared to the D4.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
jukn

Post by jukn »

My dog is a large German shepherd and she sits in the back behind the tailgate. I have a dog guard fitted but the slavers go over the black plastic trims on the back and the top of the back seat when she pants. This comes off ok if I remove it with a damp cloth straightaway but if I forget and let it dry it sets like stone and won't come off with soap and water. I was hoping someone may have found something to spray on the areas to provide some silicon like finish which would allow me to clean it off more easily.
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

We have a seat cover now in our discovery sport which we can use on our discovery 5 she settles quickly in the car but sometimes she will look out to the side window and her paws on the door.

On the discovery 5 it has cream leather top to the doors so I might have to put in the boot area or in the middle seat she wears a harness and is clipped in to the seat belt. I will work out what's best for her and the car

IMG_0706.JPG

We have a date for delivery, which is the 6th September and I'm counting down the sleeps. :)