Hello all...

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Disco John

Post by Disco John »

Hi all, new to Forum. Just ordered D5 3.0 TD6 HSE, Farallon Black. This probably means they will announce the new Ingenium in-line 6 engine next week!
Delivery quoted as end of October, wouldn't want to be in a hurry.
HSE, 3.0 TD6, Farallon Black, CANCELLED due to unanswered questions about oil dilution

Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Hi John welcome to the forum, I'm waiting for my D5 hopefully around 12th September I've on for the 2lt.
Last edited by Deleted User 523 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disco John

Post by Disco John »

Hi Chalkey, yes I did think long and hard about the 2lt, but I do a lot of longish runs down to Cornwall towing a boat so decided the (admittedly marginal) extra umph was justified, albeit at a small cost to the environment. It is amazing how little extra the additonal litre of capacity gets you, and on the other hand how small a difference it makes in mpg and CO2.
HSE, 3.0 TD6, Farallon Black, CANCELLED due to unanswered questions about oil dilution
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Hi John sounds like the 3lt is a must for you, I only do about 10k per year and will only tow occasionally so the 2lt will be fine for use. Once I pick up our car will will put photos on the site :D
Disco John

Post by Disco John »

Excellent, thanks!
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Disco John. Welcome to the forum. I do quite a lot of towing so went for the 3litre. You won't be disappointed.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Disco John

Post by Disco John »

Thanks Craig.
Extras I didn't order but wonder if I should: Intelligent seat fold (seems like a gimmick to me but LR do go on about it in their publicity); Wading depth sensor and display (figure I'll jut look out the window) and upgraded sound system to 825w Meridian system. Any views?
Still trying to find a Farallon Black car to look at in the flesh. Any views on whether it is darker or lighter than the Mariana Black (which I have seen), which it apparently replaced (why?)?
Thanks
Disco John

Post by Disco John »

Good news, just been informed that my Disco will be built by the 15th September, 6 weeks earlier than forecast! Have people been cancelling their orders?
Better start saving my pennies!
Barryg

Post by Barryg »

Hi John,

I have a first edition in farallon, and I love it. I did t think there was much in the 'black ranges' until I parked next to a DS at the garage and the difference was noticeable, especially when the light catches it. I'll try and get some photos (when it's clean).
Dswigs

Post by Dswigs »

Hi All, I'm also new to the forumcurrntly have a Disco 4 Landmark and ordered Disco 5 3 litre HSE Lux in Kaikorua Stone with Black roof rails, privacy glass, technology plus pack and electric deplorable tow bar, ordered 15 Jul and still waiting to confirm a build date but around early October - wonder if mine will be brought forward. Does anyone else have Kaikorua stone and some pics as having a wee moment about the colour! Also, how does the mpg stack up against what the family call the flying brick (Disco 4) where I average around 29mpg with some motorway work, some towing and around town? Thanks