Ordered our Discovery

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Hi all am new to the forum I've just ordered our new Discovery 5 hopefully September delivery, fingers crossed.

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Welcome Chalkey. What have you ordered?
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Deleted User 523

Hi I've ordered a 2lt SE in Firenze Red, acorn leather, privacy glass, black roof rails, black door moulding, mud flaps, tow bar, heated steering wheel, gloss black interior trim, drive pack, auto dimming exterior mirrors, service plan and heated front and rear seats. I also managed to get life shine for free in the deal, I'm partxing a discovery sport hse so I had to put a few extra's on to try to keep to a similar spec.
Last edited by Deleted User 523 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Mine was similar. 3L Monticello Red SE with Acorn interior. Must admit I was a little concerned about the acorn as always had black also I'd not seen acorn, however I love it. My only extras were towbar and rear view camera.
Deleted User 523

Hi Craigp It was between Monticello and Firenze, I've also got a tow bar. I would of liked a rear view camera but I went for the drive pack which has blind spot monitoring which I think should be fitted as standard. I went for heated rear seats for my wife and daughter when we're out as a family the girls sit to gether.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

You allow children inside😲😲😲

What's blind spot monitoring is that the one where it flashes in your wing mirror when being overtaken. Which dosnt happen very often I should add😁 if so I got that as well. A few years ago I bought my 1st D4 and it was new but was a cancelled order and it had a rear view camera since then I wouldn't have a car without one. Makes up for my shit driving.
Deleted User 523

It had me thinking ? I've phoned the dealer and cancelled the heated steering wheel and add a rear view camera the heated steering is nice but I think it's better to have a camera when parking. Our DS has one and your right it's good to have one, my daughter is 25 he he
Deleted User 523

Yes blind spot monitoring is when a car in your blind spot it flashes in your door mirror, which I think should also be fitted as standard, as it's a safety feature not a luxury.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Yes it is a great feature. Reversing out of my drive I have a large fence so can't see as well as I would like. It picks up an approaching vehicle from quite a distance.
Deleted User 523

I will manage without a heated steering wheel, I am trying to stick to my budget and not over spend on extras. If your not careful you can put to much on your car then the price of the SE becomes close HSE.
I must say I don't like the orange piping on the cream leather on the HSE the SE acorn leather is not has light and I think will be better to keep clean. Once I get my car in September I will post some photos