Missed delivery date JLR don't care!

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Welshdisco

Post by Welshdisco »

I've had 5 Discoveries & when I saw the Disco 5 in December ordered one straight away. Paid deposit & was quoted late March delivery. 21st today & no date available from dealer. Rang JLR Customer Service who can't access order files - (why?) and they were mystified. 5 hours on phone to dealers to be told JLR hope to complete build by 31st March but no guarantee we can register it by then so may be looking at the new £450 per anuum increased duty if not - thanks a bunch Land Rover.
Seriously miffed that my brand loyalty may be rewarded with a £450 per annum kick in the bum because JLR can'tkeep to their delivery promises! They've had my deposit since early December & all I get in return is SILENCE! If they could give the dealers the vin & engine numbers then teh cars can be pre-registered but they can't/won't.
Looks to me like they have issues with this new model that they are hiding from existing & potential buyers judging by the number of missed delivery dates on this forum & elsewhere on the web - no manufacturer can be that far out with a new "flagship" model - can they?.
Off to test a Mercedes tomorrow - they are keen to talk & have cars available - Shame on JLR but that's what happens when you sit back on your laurels I suppose

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Land Rover have been like this in the last three years as my three evoques were always late. A couple of friends have the rangy sport and one of them was months late with no updates on delivery so I don't think it's just the disco5. . In my opinion it's worth waiting for.
Nattyboy

Post by Nattyboy »

I paid my deposit in January with delivery promised before end of March.

10 days ago I checked to see how we were doing to be told that no build date had been confirmed. I told Landrover that don't worry if it hadn't been built I will cancel the order.

Last Wednesday (3 days later ) got a phone call to say it had been built and on way down delivery expected 7-10 working days.

Collecting this Friday
Welshdisco

Post by Welshdisco »

5 hours of battling finally got dealer to ring Land Rover rather than rely on the email system they say they must use. Vehicle has been "committed" ? After some deliberation this was interpreted into normal speak as it is in production. Landrover say it will be built by 31st March ....but released to the dealer to register - who knows.
So 12 years unwaivering Brand Loyalty & buying a £60k plus car unsighted with no test drive or even a brochure gets me a kick in the butt every year for 5 years as reminder with the higher VED as a thank you from Land Rover - shame on them.
Welshdisco

Post by Welshdisco »

Land Rover "Customer Service" have rung me this morning they "think" my car "should" be going into production on the 31st March for delivery mid-April.
I thanked them sincerely for doubling my VED for the next 5 years & would they do anything about that? Answer= NO! Dates are just estimates & the customer should know & accept that?
Rewarding brand loyalty at it's very best!
Welshdisco

Post by Welshdisco »

Update from dealers - the delay is all down to me because I ordered ..........................an electric tow ball! Apparently JLR don't have any & the 3 months since ordering the car is too short a time to get one in?
Comforting isn't it.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I'm in the same boat. I was told yesterday my car is showing as built, getting an update Thursday from dealer. So much for my dealer telling me JLR looking at all those who have been disadvantaged by late delivery and possibly offering assistance . Or maybe it's just you who's missing out😁
Also I think we are in the wrong section for this thread. We need a thoroughly pissed off section.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.