New D5 taken on a test drive

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Disco5newbie

Post by Disco5newbie »

Hi, our local garage has a demonstrator and I took one out for a test drive at the weekend! Loved it! Bit hard to get my head around the 360 parking but I'm sure that will come with practice! Our build date is 5th March so hoping for delivery before April.

Dealer quoted us £2000 for Gap, alloys and cosmetic ins for 3 years so will def get a quote from other provider!

IMG_2252.JPG

IMG_2257.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Excellent. I bet the 360 parking will be something you'll use all the time once you figure it out.

For GAP you could try this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=104
p4vvs

Post by p4vvs »

Thanks for this pics, I ordered this santorini black with a black pack so really good to see what the colour looks like in real life! still trying to figure out what the 360 parking gives over what comes standard with the HSE. The explanations on the LR site dont really go it to any more detail than it displays all around the car. I assume there are additional sensors on the sides for the extra 260 quid...will found out soon enough once people recieve thiers who have this option.
Disco5newbie

Post by Disco5newbie »

Yes I'll let you know about the 360 when we get ours! It's quite a bit bigger than our current 4x4 so I will need it!

We went for the all black interior so hoping it won't be too dark as the demonstrator was light inside.

Re GAP ins I got a quote and I'm very pleased thanks Rob!
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

I agree with the All Dark Interior I am curious as well. Pity there was not a choice of say a greyish headliner as opposed to a white which with kids is a no no.
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

I was massively confused about the whole surround/360 cameras on the HSE Lux we ordered. Have a BMW with surround cameras which comes up with 360 view and that's what I expected with HSE Lux when it said surround cameras. Seems that's not the case - you have to pay for the 360 option to get the joined up birds eye view.

We've gone for black headlining - the only thing that has suffered (and had to be cleaned in our Disco 4) was the light headlining. Hoping with glass roofs that we can get away with black interior and headlining.
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

I personally wouldn't pay for the 360 option as I have it on my evoque now and don't use it. I do use the surround cameras so that's useful and standard in a has lux which is good. Black headlining us fine as like you say the sunroofs brighten the interior. What colour trim are you having. I have black with light roof lining in my namib orange first edition as that was the only choice.
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

Have gone for Corris Grey with complete dynamic pack on 22's. Inside we have black leather with white piping.

It's all a bit black but with the kids it's just not worth having anything light!
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

That will look good. Nice on. I have my car professionally valeted every theee weeks at home so roof lining not an issue and also I have never kept a car more than a year. This car maybe a car I would consider keeping a bit longer though.