Recently ordered new Discovery...

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
jojim65

Post by jojim65 »

A very big Hello to you all,
Just ordered a 3.0l HSE with a few extras from Hendys in Southampton.

I had a Disco 3 HSE back in 2009 which whilst not very reliable I sold back to the dealer for more than I paid for it, a lucky combination of stock market crashes and a very cold winter. I then went back to BMW with a 3 series tourer and then a 5 series tourer, both fault free. I bought a new Velar in 2019 which whilst a lovely car never really hit the spot.

I very nearly bought an X5 but was swayed by the discount I received through the JLR military scheme.

Aware that lead times are huge at the moment but really pleased to be back in a discovery.

Looking forward to both getting it and getting involved on the forum.

Thanks

Jim

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Jim or jo. Welcome to the forum. I'm very close to ordering a new one myself. I love mine had a few problems but nothing major so happy to get another one. But as you say up to a year quoted.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Nicknack

Post by Nicknack »

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum and still have a discovery sport. Wanting to upgrade to the discovery due to growing family but struggling with whether gas is right for me as my mileage is roughly 8-12000 per year. I'm inclined to go for diesel but know earlier versions were plagued by oil dilution as with my discovery sport as well. Do newer Discovery diesel models (say 2020/21) suffer from this issue? Its quite inconvenient at times as I have to go for a long drive from time to time to carry out a regen with my DS. I'm trying to avoid this at all costs as it inconvenient and taxing.
Grateful for any advice or info any of the owners can provide.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Nick mine initially suffered from dilution problems but after a software update about 3 years ago it now lasts until the annual service so no need for additional oil changes. I'm doing about 8 to 10000 miles a year. Certainly no early warnings last year. My2017 3 litre. The new 3 litre are a different engine from mine.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Further to my other post. I've now gone ahead an placed a order for the D250 R Dynamic SE. Only added a couple of things to the build. Electric deployable tow bar and the activity key. Just the 12months to wait now.
ianjwells

Post by ianjwells »

I got my D300 in August ( ordered March) fully kitted but minus the deployable towbar 'cos no chip for the actuator ( or something)
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

And was that an issue for you? That would be totally unacceptable to me. Where you consulted on that omission?
haggizbasher

Post by haggizbasher »

Hi there, I ordered a new 2021 Discovery Dynamic 300 in January 2021 and picked it up middle of April. It has the deployable tow bar, excellent, advanced tow assist... waste of money! gesture tail gate... waste of money, never works.... Heads up display, love it and few other nice to have extras. I pull a heavy trailer every week, sometimes in fields, often have 7 adults in car... and so far it has been excellent....a couple of small issues but overall I'm very happy with the car and would highly recommend one
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

You're just gloating now. I have one on order but looking at a year for delivery also head up display not available. On the plus side it will be a 2022 model or maybe a 2023 at this rate.
haggizbasher

Post by haggizbasher »

i love the HUD... :-).. Any differences with the 2022 model...? might need to upgrade....lol