3rd row seats

Suggestions & Help using the Disco 5 Forums
Conqueror

Post by Conqueror »

Hi,
Picked up my discovery 5 ES two days ago, love it, but I cannot seem to get the third row of seats to fit flat in the back when stowed. Does anyone know if these seats should click down flat when stowed or they just fold? ( and not perfectly flat)
Any help much appreciated.

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

They just fold
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

In a word no. I think they are rubbish. Really disappointed with this. I've had quite heavy weights in the boot but they just spring up again. The D4 gave a satisfying clunk when folded sadly these don't.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Conqueror

Post by Conqueror »

Hi,
Thank you for your speedy replys. Yes my old D4 folded a lot better than this.
Thanks guys much appreciated.
cwch60

Post by cwch60 »

3rd row seats fold flat to form a flat load bed when they're not in use. Best to make sure the 2nd row seats are out of the way, then push them fully back.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi cwch60. That's not the case with the SE. The HSE with the electric motors are able to power the seats flat but not the case with the SE or its certainly true in my case.
cwch60

Post by cwch60 »

I had no idea. Thanks
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

That's ok. I was quite surprised myself when I picked it up. I assumed they had missed the lock off mine. Not impressed 😠
OzDiscoUser

Post by OzDiscoUser »

After they fold down from the first press of the button, assuming electric fold here, if they are not all the way down, press it again, they flatten out a little more, or at least they do for me. Mostly they do it all the way on the first press but just sometimes they need another press for the last 1cm or so. I suspect its a little bit of resistance from the seat underneath that stops the mechanismand it thinks it "home". In my opinion, and in my vehicle, they work just fine.
Disco-5 HSE Lux, TDV6, Silicon Silver/Light Oyster, with most options
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

I thought the first "stop" was a position to stop the leather seats being distorted and the second press squeezed them flat?