Electrics failure & Windscreen leak

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
bibulus

Post by bibulus »

Late 2017 Discovery 5
Have owned this for just over two years. Experienced a complete fail of seat folding system last year that was fixed under warranty after a week. Five weeks ago the electrics stopped including lights indicators the works whilst driving at night - took half an hour for car to start. Contacted Listers in droitwich who in a very no customer friendly style told me to call the breakdown guys as i have full extended warranty. The guy who came out was excellent and pointed out the fault quickly putting a temporary fix in place and telling me to book the car in for a full fix. He also pointed out the carpets were soaked and that water was coming through the windscreen a common fault apparently.
I called Listers of droitwich again to book the car in and was told in an aggressive manner they would not cover the windscreen fault despite it being linked to the electrics. They had the car for three days when i collected it they said they had mistakenly not carried out the work but land rover had agreed to cover the windscreen cost. They promised to call me with a date that would be in two further weeks to carry out the work. After on week no call so i called them and left a message, a week later i called again and was told oh we have booked you in for a weeks time - of note the service guy Lee who i was on hold for about ten minutes to talk with picked up my call saying "how can i help" i asked if that was for real as had already described to two people why i was calling and they had the car two weeks ago. Suddenly he knew so why the "how can i help?"
The car is booked in for 9 days time. Listers promise a "family style service" five weeks after reporting the fault (a common one i believe) i am driving a swimming pool around waiting for electrics to fail again and again. I have been polite and patient and met back with rude and abrupt service standards to date. Not what you would expect from a luxury car service. Right now my next purchase will be back to BMW for an X5 that never let me down and had polite staff to deal with.

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover »

bibulus wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:45 pm Late 2017 Discovery 5
Have owned this for just over two years. Experienced a complete fail of seat folding system last year that was fixed under warranty after a week. Five weeks ago the electrics stopped including lights indicators the works whilst driving at night - took half an hour for car to start. Contacted Listers in droitwich who in a very no customer friendly style told me to call the breakdown guys as i have full extended warranty. The guy who came out was excellent and pointed out the fault quickly putting a temporary fix in place and telling me to book the car in for a full fix. He also pointed out the carpets were soaked and that water was coming through the windscreen a common fault apparently.
I called Listers of droitwich again to book the car in and was told in an aggressive manner they would not cover the windscreen fault despite it being linked to the electrics. They had the car for three days when i collected it they said they had mistakenly not carried out the work but land rover had agreed to cover the windscreen cost. They promised to call me with a date that would be in two further weeks to carry out the work. After on week no call so i called them and left a message, a week later i called again and was told oh we have booked you in for a weeks time - of note the service guy Lee who i was on hold for about ten minutes to talk with picked up my call saying "how can i help" i asked if that was for real as had already described to two people why i was calling and they had the car two weeks ago. Suddenly he knew so why the "how can i help?"
The car is booked in for 9 days time. Listers promise a "family style service" five weeks after reporting the fault (a common one i believe) i am driving a swimming pool around waiting for electrics to fail again and again. I have been polite and patient and met back with rude and abrupt service standards to date. Not what you would expect from a luxury car service. Right now my next purchase will be back to BMW for an X5 that never let me down and had polite staff to deal with.
Good afternoon Bibulus,

Thank you for your post and your patience in waiting for a response.

I am deeply concerned to learn of you experience and would like to investigate further. Please may I request that you provide your Vehicle Identification Number and your contact details, and I would be happy to escalate your concerns within the relevant area of the business.

Many thanks, Dan - Land Rover UK
bibulus

Post by bibulus »

Thanks for your response - VIN - SALRA2AN2HA012546 Sadly the car is still at Listers (for the past five days) after Lee telling me Landrover had agreed to replace the windscreen and fix the electrics at the end of its first stay with Listers, this evening he called to say the windscreen is not covered and the water damage is not covered as the windscreen was fitted by autoglass in feb 2019 ! Lee knew the windscreen had been fitted by autoglass from the first time the car was booked in and has changed his story from LR agreeing to cover the work now saying its down to autoglass. I am getting different stories and have very little confidence in Listers Droitwich.
Autoglass checked the windscreen in early Feb2021 and said there was no fault.
I am stuck with a car no one will fix from a fault that according to forums and social media (i've checked a lot ) is a common occurrence with this model. To add to my exasperation apparently its a fault that LandRover do fix so why when we paid for the best warranty is this not covered ?
jon@retentionsolutions.co.uk
07828 016671
bibulus

Post by bibulus »

Now Listers Droitwich are saying the gel around the windscreen was still tacky ? Passing the blame to autoglass who say they never resealed the windscreen in early feb - just amazing how no one is prepared to take ownership and i am left with a 40k portable swimming pool with dodgy electrics to drive around my family in. I know a lot of people in the country are facing bigger problems but these are two companies that should be doing better.
bibulus

Post by bibulus »

Autoglass have now requested written confirmation of the work that Listers say they have done to fix the windscreen that autoglass say had no leak. Requested this on Monday evening and still not received this from Listers despite Lee assuring me his manager would deal with this as a priority yesterday at 10am. Still not heard from Dan who responded on here saying that he would be in touch. Still got a car i cant drive my family in safely.
CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover »

Good Morning Bibulus, thank you for your post.

I can confirm that I have escalated your concerns within the Customer Experience Centre and have sent you an email to the address provided above. In the meantime, I would advise that you seek to remove the personal details you have shared from the public forum.

Thanks, Dan - Land Rover UK
bibulus

Post by bibulus »

Hi
I received a call from the LR experience team on Friday who said they would chase the team at Listers and get the head of CX at Listers involved. Yet I still have not heard anything from Listers?
Landrover adverts boast “above and beyond” certainly does not feel that way to me. This is becoming frustrating, my car is not safe through no fault of my own and now I it feels like I can’t get it fixed because of Landrovers lack of action.
I have been told that LR would fix the car, then I have been told LR wont fix the car. Everyone tells me they want to assist with a solution but I still have not had the verbal report about the issue put in writing so I can get Autoglass to assist, it seems LR are not interested in helping rectify the problem with their car.
Six weeks and no solution, seven days and no report that might get help. Can someone tell me what is going on.?
Any assistance would be really appreciated.
DRW

Post by DRW »

Hi Bibulous

Sorry to hear about your issues, I know you have probably had many apologies from dealers/Landrover, the difference being mine is sincere, I have had the same treatment, the sales manager called me regarding an issue with my Discovery, 6.20 he called and said what can I do for you, no who he was or where he was from ? Eventually I had to ask this cocky chap who the hell he was ?
Cutting a long storey short after I said I would talk to the dealer principle he said there was no point he is of the same opinion ?
To say I was irate by now is an understatement, I paid £58,000 for my Disco from Guy Salmon in Northampton, Top Tip guys, I emailed the CEO of Sytner and customer care, surprise surprise another sales manager called with again lots of apologies..........
The car is booked in for Tuesday to sort out the issues.

All Land Rover dealers seem to go to the same training location, Land Rover are Above and Beyond ????

Dealers are above being able to treat customers in a respectful manner, also Beyond any reasonable request,Issue or claim once they have your money.

I am unsure if the CEO of Sytner contacted Guy Salmon or if he was informed of their appalling treatment of customers ?
I think maybe the threat and CC d Emails to Darren Edwards, made a big difference. I would think there were some squeaky bums in Guy Salmon.

So Top Tip when you Landrover dealer has treated you badly, note I say when not If, E Mail the dealership and copy the CEO of the company, Good Luck Guys. 😊

DRW
bibulus

Post by bibulus »

Thank you for the post DRW and good to hear your issue is getting sorted out.
Two weeks ago i asked for a report on the work carried out on the windscreen to prove to autoglass there was a fault so they can sort out the issues (autoglass have said all along they want to help but need the report from the windscreen contractor used by Listers to do so) in writing from the Listers head of customer service. I know you will be shocked to hear we have not received this. I have worked in CX for many years and do not want to go down the route of emailing the CEO or posting on SM as i believe most people are good people who want to do a good job for customers. Will keep your advice in mind though - thank you.
PeterDiscovery5

Post by PeterDiscovery5 »

I’m sorry to hear of your issues - my 5 has been with the dealer for over 4 weeks and they are still waiting for carpets, the originals were ruined by the windscreen leak. The infotainment centre gave up, presumably because of the sloshing water, and they are replacing that as well. I’m interested to know how long it took to fix yours and what was replace eventually?