Warranty Transfer USA to Germany

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
jbrunt1200

Post by jbrunt1200 »

Help,

I have a 2017 LR Discovery, which has developed a bad leak through the windscreen. I purchased the vehicle in Virginia, USA, certified used, with the remaining 4 year / 50000 mile warranty remaining. I had to move to Germany for my job and brought my Discovery with me. The local LR dealer here is telling my warranty is not valid in Germany. My vehicle is less than 4 years old and only has 46500 miles. I thought LR warranty was global? Anybody out there can shed some light on this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover »

jbrunt1200 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:43 pm Help,

I have a 2017 LR Discovery, which has developed a bad leak through the windscreen. I purchased the vehicle in Virginia, USA, certified used, with the remaining 4 year / 50000 mile warranty remaining. I had to move to Germany for my job and brought my Discovery with me. The local LR dealer here is telling my warranty is not valid in Germany. My vehicle is less than 4 years old and only has 46500 miles. I thought LR warranty was global? Anybody out there can shed some light on this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff
Good morning Jeff

Thank you for your post.

As you are based outside of the UK market, I am afraid that I am unable to assist you with your request. Please may I request that you provide your Vehicle Identification Number, and your contact details and I will escalate your query with our Global Team.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks, Dan - Land Rover UK