FUEL TANK

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
murph

Post by murph »

My discovery HSE 1 year old has now been in the garage at Birmingham for 3 weeks,
first they accused me of putting petrol in not once but twice, they even asked me to check receipt.
then they said the fuel was contaminated but was not willing to send it away for examination as this would cost to much.
they wont fix this issue under warranty as they said its my fault? how I don't know as I always pay more for shell Vplus,.
they said to me they would take tank off and drain fuel and put some more fuel in if I cover the cost of £1080 , I was so mad but I need my car so I spoke with my wife and she said just get it sorted.
so I agreed to do this as long as if it was anything else they would cover under warranty , they agreed.

but after they drained fuel tank they said the fuel is not contaminated but there is sludge in the tank?????????????????????????????????????
that has built up over time even though car only just a year old so they wont be covering costs under warranty.

I have no faith in LAND ROVER

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Have you owned the car since new and how many miles has it done?
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Just to elaborate, you have filled up with some dodgy diesel at some time.
It is not Land Rovers fault I am afraid.

Quite common in boats which is where I have come across it.

Have a read of this:- https://www.pbo.co.uk/gear/12-diesel-bu ... sted-43353
CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover »

murph wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:50 pm My discovery HSE 1 year old has now been in the garage at Birmingham for 3 weeks,
first they accused me of putting petrol in not once but twice, they even asked me to check receipt.
then they said the fuel was contaminated but was not willing to send it away for examination as this would cost to much.
they wont fix this issue under warranty as they said its my fault? how I don't know as I always pay more for shell Vplus,.
they said to me they would take tank off and drain fuel and put some more fuel in if I cover the cost of £1080 , I was so mad but I need my car so I spoke with my wife and she said just get it sorted.
so I agreed to do this as long as if it was anything else they would cover under warranty , they agreed.

but after they drained fuel tank they said the fuel is not contaminated but there is sludge in the tank?????????????????????????????????????
that has built up over time even though car only just a year old so they wont be covering costs under warranty.

I have no faith in LAND ROVER
Good Morning Murph

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply concerned to learn of your comments, and the experience you have had,

This is not what we expect for our customers when they visit an approved retailer.

Should you wish for me to investigate this further for you please send me the below information via PM, and I will be happy to help.

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your Personal Contact Details
Details of your correspondence with the approved retailer you have visited

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Land Rover UK