New Discovery - Factory Visit

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
Bursztyn6

Post by Bursztyn6 »

Hello Amellia,

I have ordered a new Discovery HSE SDV6 and would like information on how to organise a factory visit, possibly to see it being built. My dealer is quite certain that the car will be built in Solihull, not Nitra.

I have read the information on the JLR website for factory tours but it does not appear to be specific for seeing your car being built or indeed for the Discovery. Can you please advise how I can book such a tour please?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Chris

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

This site is fairly quiet, if you do not get a reply try asking on the other Disco5 site which is much busier.
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Hi,

when did you order it?
Over at the Facebook group "Land Rover Discovery 5 Owners Group" there is a guy who ordered November and who got info that he can collect mid February. He now received a mail that he can collect mid march since the production has been moved to Nitra.

So if yours has not been build yet, it's going to be build there.

Greets,
Hauser
Discovery 5 (MY 2017): HSE Luxury, TDV6, Fuji White w. black roof
Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
Bursztyn6

Post by Bursztyn6 »

Thanks to both for your replies.

The Disco5 Forum doesn't appear to have a dedicated JLR Customer Service section, hence my question to Amellia here.

I read elsewhere that Nitra was initially building the Commercial Discovery and that other models would be phased over gradually from March.

Mine was ordered 25 January.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

I know several people on Disco5 have been to the factory, and so could possibly point you in the right direction.
Bursztyn6

Post by Bursztyn6 »

jimbg, Cheers. Just posted on Disco5.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Hope they reply!! :D
bammmy

Post by bammmy »

Hi,

I went and saw my actual car being built, it’s a fantastic day👍

Here’s the contact details:-

Adam Mercer

Work landline - 0121 347 2538
Mobile - 07771 331897
Email - Amercer1@partner.jaguarlandrover.com

Got luck and let me know your results.

Mark
Bursztyn6

Post by Bursztyn6 »

C&P'd from Disco5,co.uk Forum for all members on this Forum to read regarding Discovery production - now in Slovakia:

Adam replied very quickly and told me that production of ALL Discovery models has now moved to Slovakia, so that answers that question Exclamation

He is however happy to organise a Solihull factory tour and I'm waiting to hear from him regarding details.

Should be interesting but a bit disappointing regarding change of production to Slovakia.