Paint and interior colour options

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Hi,

As a current Evoque owner i wish to upgrade to a discovery 5. However i am finding it immensely frustrating at the body colour and interior options

offered in the UK by JLR. I was going to go for Firenze red se model, but now find both red options have been removed from the uk options list... WHY ?????

Most over seas markets can have them so why not UK ??? Also I like light coloured interiors but Acorn is the only option with the SE. I refuse to be forced to buy a HSE ( Which incidentally only offer brown with the light seats )????.. What is going on with the marketing department. Do they have any idea that they are not offering what people want.

When i bought my Evoque it was easy i had cirrus and lunar interior . What on earth possessed JLR to stop offering this.

It is a real shame as i like the new disco but JLR are making it really difficult for the customer with such limited options.

I,m sure JLR think they know best but in this case i would really love to know the rational behind their decisions

thanks

Mitch

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Mitch one can only imagine its based on sale figures. Having said that i am the owner of a Monticello red SE with acorn interior. So what do i know. :lol:

But must say i love the colour especially when the sun shines on it. Unfortunately thats not often enough.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Teekster

Post by Teekster »

They are gone from the US site as well. Was going to get Firenze for my wife.
2018 Discovery HSE lux
2019 RRS SVR
merctony

Post by merctony »

When l was looking for my Discovery 5, l wanted 3 things, Monticello Red or Antree Green, (Both now gone) electric towbar and privacy glass.
Its a great shame, l think of land rover and automatically think of the old Epson green, Antree Green, l know people say you have to move with the modern times, but some things are carved in stone, and Land Rover Discovery and the colour green is one of them.
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass and Electric Deployable Towbar, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Hi Mitch We bought an SE with acorn leather and we love it the HSE lighter leather I thought was to light and would show the dirt and it was trimmed in orange piping which we don't like. So we decided to go for an SE with 21in black pack which really make the car stand out. Go for the SE and throw a few extras on, let us al know what you decide :D
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

Mitch here's so photos

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

someguy

Post by someguy »

I was almost ready to buy a Discovery in Aintree or Firenze, can’t believe they pulled them. Now it’s a choice of 10 greys, 1 dull blue or 1 dull orange.

Just to rub it in Audi will deliver a Q7 in pretty much any color you like.

Don’t know what to do now. Getting a Q7 in ‘goodwood green’ then doing donuts in the parking lot of JLR Norway’s HQ up the road here has crossed my mind...