Delayed order due to my18 switch

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
whirling
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:34 am

Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by whirling » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:56 am

Hi CRC


I ordered my first Land Rover, a discovery 5 HSE in July this year. I no longer not have a build or delivery date estimate as I was recently advised by my dealer that there would be a delay while there was a production line switch berltween my17 and my18 after the August vacation break at the Land Rover factory. I was originally told the due date was estimated end of October / early November.

I don’t mind the delay so much as I am in no desperate hurry, however I would like to know what has changed between my17 and my18 and confirm that my order will be on the new spec (is it true for example that the gauges will be digital?). Your customers, myself included are paying a substantial amount of money for vehicle that is often meticulously researched before ordering, so I find it surprising that this detail is difficult to obtain - my dealer advised that they cannot provide any detail as they only have a dealer brief, rather than a customer communication available.

Could you please provide some detail and clarification.

Thanks


jimbg
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:30 am

Re: Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by jimbg » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:41 am

MY18 is now on the web site including the builder tool.


Telstone
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:50 am

Re: Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by Telstone » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi ,

How long is your delay? I ordered my hse in June expected delivery mid November I’m now told its mid December im also told its due to increased orders


whirling
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by whirling » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:01 am

Telstone wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:09 pm
Hi ,

How long is your delay? I ordered my hse in June expected delivery mid November I’m now told its mid December im also told its due to increased orders
The dealer doesn’t know until Land Rover assigns a build date apparently.


whirling
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by whirling » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:18 am

jimbg wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:41 am
MY18 is now on the web site including the builder tool.
Great - so I guess it’s down to me to reconcile between what I ordered and what is now available.

While I am there I will check out the DIY 50,000 mile service kit ;)

But thank you- I have now checked the site but cannot see any reference to the dash changes (perhaps it’s not true?) - I can see minor changes / or moves to where or how options are added (from memory of the old options) - it shouldn’t be up to me to work through their site to determine what changes will apply to my order surely?

My first experiences of Land Rover are very different to what I was hoping for from a luxury brand.


jimbg
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:30 am

Re: Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by jimbg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 am

Welcome to the LR world!

Your dealer should be able to help, but I am not surprised.

I have not looked at the builder myself as I have had my MY17 since March and do not want to frustrate myself with what I may have missed. :lol:
I am sure I read somewhere that the digital dash is an option?

I would build the car online that is equivalent to what I was expecting and email that to the dealer.


Telstone
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:50 am

Re: Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by Telstone » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:06 am

If you ordered a MY17 and rec a MY18 who will pick the £2k additional cost?


whirling
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by whirling » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:47 am

Telstone wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:06 am
If you ordered a MY17 and rec a MY18 who will pick the £2k additional cost?
That might be down to the relationship you have with your dealer?

I am yet to have this conversation as right now, I am considering my options.


Telstone
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:50 am

Re: Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by Telstone » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:27 pm

My dealer ensures me that my HSE will be a MY 17 and delivery to dealer has been delayed by 4 weeks taking it to mid December i need a car from mid November that was the original collection /pickup date date from the dealer, also looking at what options i have.

Thanks


CRC@LandRover
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:19 am

Re: Delayed order due to my18 switch

Post by CRC@LandRover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:46 pm

whirling wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:56 am
Hi CRC


I ordered my first Land Rover, a discovery 5 HSE in July this year. I no longer not have a build or delivery date estimate as I was recently advised by my dealer that there would be a delay while there was a production line switch berltween my17 and my18 after the August vacation break at the Land Rover factory. I was originally told the due date was estimated end of October / early November.

I don’t mind the delay so much as I am in no desperate hurry, however I would like to know what has changed between my17 and my18 and confirm that my order will be on the new spec (is it true for example that the gauges will be digital?). Your customers, myself included are paying a substantial amount of money for vehicle that is often meticulously researched before ordering, so I find it surprising that this detail is difficult to obtain - my dealer advised that they cannot provide any detail as they only have a dealer brief, rather than a customer communication available.

Could you please provide some detail and clarification.

Thanks
Hi Whirling,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your comments and for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

I will be happy to investigate this further should you wish to provide your order number via PM.

Thanks,
Amellia


Post Reply

Return to “Land Rover Customer Relations”