2017 Si6 Engine Misfire

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
djbcatlett

Post by djbcatlett »

Hello,
I am hoping that someone might be able to give me some advice on a issue I've recently had with my 2017 Discovery 6 Si6 HSE Luxury. One two separate occasions the engine has started to misfire and the engine warning light started to flash. On both occasions, I pulled over, stopped the engine and then restarted it to find everything ok and the engine light went out. After the second occasion I contacted LandRover Assistance as it is under warranty and they sent out the AA to check it. The AA man said that the fault codes shows a 'Random misfire on cylinders 4, 5 and 6' and indicated an 'overfueling issue'.
The car has now been at LandRover for a couple of days and they finally came back today saying that the issue is caused by a faulty catalytic converter and hence it would need replacing. Oh, and it isn't covered by the warranty! I am a little unsure of this diagnosis as I would assume that a hard fault would cause a constant failure and not an intermittent one and hence I am looking for some advise.
On a side note, my car was in the dealership a few weeks ago for the Disco5 leaky windscreen when they told me that all my discs and pads needed replacing. I took the car back and measured the discs with vernier calipers to find that they were at 30.5mm (a new disc is 32mm, with a wear limit of 27mm), so less than half worn. This experience feeds my doubts with the engine diagnostics, but they are my local dealer.
Anyway, I look forward to hearing back.
Many thanks,
David

Blinde247

Post by Blinde247 »

Curious about the catalytic converter that they say isn’t under warranty ..what was the reason for this as it does state internal failures is covered …