LR114028 SIM Audio Interface

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
JRRushden

Post by JRRushden »

Does anyone know if the SIM Audio interface can be retrofitted? My Disco does not have a SIM slot The part is about £150. I was wondering if all the wring is in place principally I guess the aerial

richroof

Post by richroof »

From my experience trying to retrofit items such as heated steering wheel I would say no. The Pathfinder software is very limited in enabling systems even if the wiring is there.

If anyone is interested in adding a heated steering wheel I can share the details. Its not straight forward and will not use the button on the steering wheel. Works tho :-)
JRRushden

Post by JRRushden »

Thanks Rich, I have spoken to Rodgers Independent Land Rover in Bedford and they are going to look into it. Apparently, to enable third parties to use 'pair' the kit to the vehicle they have to pay JLR a fee. If it is possible it will still be cheaper than a main dealer fit. I will let the thread know how I get on. I really only want it to keep the vehicle software up to date.
richroof

Post by richroof »

Why are you wanting the sim? Live Spotify etc or over the air updates ? If its for the updates I won't bother. Spotify linked to your account however is good.
JRRushden

Post by JRRushden »

It is really for the live updates. I am using a small sandisk USB for Audio. Spotify would be good, thinking about it.