Spare wheel TPMS warning Disco 5

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
LesGAllen

Post by LesGAllen »

Hi, I have had the TPMS warning come up for the spare, the pressure wasn’t low, circa 40psi, I have bumped it up to 48psi. With the road wheels you can monitor the pressures whilst you are inflating them whereas previously you had to drive for them to re-register the new pressure. How do you reset the warning for the spare, as it is still giving me a TPMS warning?
Thanks in anticipation.
Les

LesGAllen

Post by LesGAllen »

Hi, unfortunately I didn’t get any replies to this question but have followed through on the issue and just in case it is of any help to others. I finally got some advice from a Tech at my local dealership and it also tied in with some feedback on a previous related post. I increased the pressure from just under 50psi to around 55psi and hey presto problem resolved.
Goldenomad

Post by Goldenomad »

I had this yesterday and today. Car been in the garage for two days whilst they tried to fix the keyless locking (again). On leaving the garage the warning initially came up. Went back into the garage and they wasn’t interested, just said to inflate it. It was getting late and I couldn’t be bothered to argue anymore (they didn’t do a very good job with the keyless locking). Would have been nice if they had volunteered to have a look at it to save me the trouble.

Hope it is just as simple as inflating more.
Goldenomad

Post by Goldenomad »

Well with my little fag lighter powered pump I took the pressure up to 50psi. Couldn’t get anymore in it. Warning not gone away though.