Missing An Infotainment System Hard Drive?

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Disco Inferno

Post by Disco Inferno »

Hi Everyone,

My first post on a new forum and as usual it's because I want something fixed! I picked up my new '69 plate TDV6 HSE three weeks ago. Absolutely delighted with it so far but only just getting to grips with all the onboard tech.

One thing that surprised me (and I have asked dealer to confirm if it is correct) is that I don't appear to have a hard disc drive as part of the infotainment system. The only options I get when I go to the 'source' menu are: Phone, Radio, CD or 'Online Media'.

The handbook suggests that I should be able to upload music from a USB drive or be able to rip music from a CD onto the drive, but neither of these options seem to be available. The handbook does state 'If the vehicle's infotainment and market specification does not support CD ripping, the CD ripping icon is not displayed' but I am a bit perplexed as I thought the HSE model would have the full list of options as standard.

Can anyone enlighten me on the subject or point me in the direction of a detailed HSE vehicle specification as the LR website doesn't really go into too much detail on the infotainment options?

Thanks!

Jenden

Post by Jenden »

We've just picked up a new (pre-registered) Discovery 5 and were disappointed that there is no DVD/CD player. However, it is quite easy to link to a smart 'phone/ipod/ipad or USB memory stick and play your music from there. This means you don't have to have a pile of DVDs in the car. The hardest part is probably transferring your music to the system chosen.